Re: 96 Sahara 3044 brake hose replacements

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
Al Glick

96 Sahara 3044 brake hose replacements

Post by Al Glick »

'Not having any luck finding the rubber lines for  front callipers or  the rubber hose  to the rear axle
All connections are male and female flare
Nothing in Ford F600 any year seems to fit . 
Any help appreciated !! Thanks in advance.
Al'
Bilmac36

Post by Bilmac36 »

'Al,I think I cracked this code for my coach. Here is a pix of them, and it is Napa p/n 380501 for rear going from tee to caliper. Believe the male end going into caliper are 7/16” -24 pitch.Most on here will say go have them made, but in my location, central MS, all shops throw out the ‘liability’ word and will not make them.
Ok, just reread your original email, these may not be same for you as you note one end is female flare. So here is what I did to finally find mine. I went and sat with a Napa parts counter rep and we went through the brake hose pix book and found the correct male & female ends I needed for mine on the front. I found the rear one by searching several large truck models of +/- same year on Rock Auto. Then took that p/n to Napa. Rear:[img]cid:274ADC14-8401-4950-BD66-792263E7FB34[/img]
My front ones are Napa 38911.[img]cid:1FA37EAD-D5B0-4E44-A685-21BDB0733D18[/img]
Also, Joe Peel, from SF group recommended https://brake-hose.com for making the hoses and said ‘great service.’ Good luck in your search,Willie, Connie is ‘95 Continental, 8.3L, Ally 6spd 
Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 6, 2019, at 10:16 PM, Al Glick aglicknmex@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Not having any luck finding the rubber lines for  front callipers or  the rubber hose  to the rear axle
Al
'
r/Willie
'95 Safari Continental, Cummins 8.3L, Allison MD3060
Bilmac36

Post by Bilmac36 »

'Note: I fat fingered Al’s email address on my initial reply. So if you intend to use a ‘reply all’ note his original email to get his correct address.  R/wm

Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 7, 2019, at 7:27 AM, bilmac36 wrote:
Al,I think I cracked this code for my coach. Here is a pix of them, and it is Napa p/n 380501 for rear going from tee to caliper. Believe the male end going into caliper are 7/16” -24 pitch.Most on here will say go have them made, but in my location, central MS, all shops throw out the ‘liability’ word and will not make them.
Ok, just reread your original email, these may not be same for you as you note one end is female flare. So here is what I did to finally find mine. I went and sat with a Napa parts counter rep and we went through the brake hose pix book and found the correct male & female ends I needed for mine on the front. I found the rear one by searching several large truck models of +/- same year on Rock Auto. Then took that p/n to Napa. Rear:[img]cid:274ADC14-8401-4950-BD66-792263E7FB34[/img]
My front ones are Napa 38911.
Also, Joe Peel, from SF group recommended https://brake-hose.com for making the hoses and said ‘great service.’ Good luck in your search,Willie, Connie is ‘95 Continental, 8.3L, Ally 6spd 
Sent from my iPhone

Not having any luck finding the rubber lines for  front callipers or  the rubber hose  to the rear axle
Al
'
r/Willie
'95 Safari Continental, Cummins 8.3L, Allison MD3060
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'Al,Do not have the brake line part numbers, however having axle information may help you locate the brake parts if what Willi provided doesn't pan out.  My front axle is a Westport, and the rear is a Rockwell.  I would guess the brakes came with the axles?

Gary'98 Sahara 3006 300CAT
On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 6:43 AM bilmac36 bilmac36@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Note: I fat fingered Al’s email address on my initial reply. So if you intend to use a ‘reply all’ note his original email to get his correct address.  R/wm

Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 7, 2019, at 7:27 AM, bilmac36 wrote:

Al,I think I cracked this code for my coach. Here is a pix of them, and it is Napa p/n 380501 for rear going from tee to caliper. Believe the male end going into caliper are 7/16” -24 pitch.Most on here will say go have them made, but in my location, central MS, all shops throw out the ‘liability’ word and will not make them.
Ok, just reread your original email, these may not be same for you as you note one end is female flare. So here is what I did to finally find mine. I went and sat with a Napa parts counter rep and we went through the brake hose pix book and found the correct male & female ends I needed for mine on the front. I found the rear one by searching several large truck models of +/- same year on Rock Auto. Then took that p/n to Napa. Rear:
My front ones are Napa 38911.
Sent from my iPhone

Al

--
Gary Smith
ImageImage '
Al Glick

Post by Al Glick »

'Attachments :No joy on rock Auto. Several hours there last nite.
Front lines are male/ female flare.
On the back, I need only the tee fitting and hose to frame.
Note the caliper to Tee lines do not need flex rubber and can be steel. That's my plan at least.
On Wed, Aug 7, 2019, 6:43 AM bilmac36 bilmac36@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Al,I think I cracked this code for my coach. Here is a pix of them, and it is Napa p/n 380501 for rear going from tee to caliper. Believe the male end going into caliper are 7/16” -24 pitch.Most on here will say go have them made, but in my location, central MS, all shops throw out the ‘liability’ word and will not make them..
My front ones are Napa 38911.[img]cid:1FA37EAD-D5B0-4E44-A685-21BDB0733D18[/img]
Sent from my iPhone

Al
'