Re: Blown Front Leveler Seal?

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
skywood@frontier.com

Blown Front Leveler Seal?

Post by skywood@frontier.com »

'Has anyone ever experienced a blown seal on their front leveling jack? If so what’s the process to get it repaired. Is this something that can be done without specialized tools?
I am also interested in finding out where the hydraulic fuel reservoir is located for the jacks. Is it the same reservoir as the one for the steering and engine cooling fan or is it separate?
Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated, as currently I do not have the manual in my possession.

Robert and Patricia Ingraham
2000 Safari Continental 425 Panther'
W Taylor Hudson

Post by W Taylor Hudson »

'a) sorry, no knowledge on rebuild-ability of hydraulic jacks, would depend if they were designed to be serviced (or disposable like shock absorbers).  Someone on this site will know. b) In the meantime, that hydraulic reservoir is part of the hydraulic pump unit  which also includes the control solenoids.  The unit is typically located behind the rear wheels near your battery compartment to minimize the run of 200 ampere cable it requires to operate.  There are the jack manufacturer’s level check and filling instructions posted on this site’s file section.  At the time of production, they were calling for Dextron III ATF.  I would avoid using any of the new Low Viscosity ATF fluids in it. v/r,
Taylor Hudson‘98 Safari Serengeti (4060), CAT 3126acquired 2018
On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 10:59 PM skywood@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Has anyone ever experienced a blown seal on their front leveling jack? If so what’s the process to get it repaired. Is this something that can be done without specialized tools?
I am also interested in finding out where the hydraulic fuel reservoir is located for the jacks. Is it the same reservoir as the one for the steering and engine cooling fan or is it separate?
Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated, as currently I do not have the manual in my possession.

2000 Safari Continental 425 Panther
'
Robert Lewis

Post by Robert Lewis »

'
Robert and Patricia IngrahamIf you click thru on my link below to the "battery tray" video, there are pictures of the leveler controls and tank.Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
https://safaritoonces.org

On August 16, 2019 6:23:24 AM "W Taylor Hudson fpengr@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  
a) sorry, no knowledge on rebuild-ability of hydraulic jacks, would depend if they were designed to be serviced (or disposable like shock absorbers).  Someone on this site will know. b) In the meantime, that hydraulic reservoir is part of the hydraulic pump unit  which also includes the control solenoids.  The unit is typically located behind the rear wheels near your battery compartment to minimize the run of 200 ampere cable it requires to operate.  There are the jack manufacturer’s level check and filling instructions posted on this site’s file section.  At the time of production, they were calling for Dextron III ATF.  I would avoid using any of the new Low Viscosity ATF fluids in it. v/r,

Has anyone ever experienced a blown seal on their front leveling jack? If so what’s the process to get it repaired. Is this something that can be done without specialized tools?

'
bilmac36 .

Post by bilmac36 . »

'Robert and Patricia, Good morning. On my unit the hydraulic fluid reservoir is as Taylor noted, it is just aft of the battery bay and can actually be accessed via the engine bay control panel area (passenger side, most aft bay door.) It is a rectangular black metal box, perhaps shoebox (smaller) size. Thanks Taylor for the fluid information. I always defaulted to ATF, but good to see it noted. If memory serves correct I have read on an rv forum that noted they seals are replaceable...but that may be brand dependent. 
Regrads, Willie, 1995 40’ Continental, 8.3L Cummins, Allison 6 spd,   Owned since 1999/2000. Central Time Zone. 
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 8:23 AM W Taylor Hudson fpengr@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

a) sorry, no knowledge on rebuild-ability of hydraulic jacks, would depend if they were designed to be serviced (or disposable like shock absorbers).  Someone on this site will know. b) In the meantime, that hydraulic reservoir is part of the hydraulic pump unit  which also includes the control solenoids.  The unit is typically located behind the rear wheels near your battery compartment to minimize the run of 200 ampere cable it requires to operate.  There are the jack manufacturer’s level check and filling instructions posted on this site’s file section.  At the time of production, they were calling for Dextron III ATF.  I would avoid using any of the new Low Viscosity ATF fluids in it. v/r,

'
robert.lewis.tl@gmail.com

Post by robert.lewis.tl@gmail.com »

'Robert and Patricia Ingraham

Reposting... something went wrong on my first attempt....

If you click thru on my link below to the "battery tray" video, there are pictures of the leveler cthgontrols and tank.

Robert and Bev Lewis

2000 Safari Continental, since 2017

3126B Cat, 330hp

MD3060 Allison'
skywood@frontier.com

'Thank you for your quick responses! I am now aware of the location of the reservoir. The manufacturer of my jacks is RVA Company out of California.
If anyone knows where I could get them serviced in the Midwest that information would be very much appreciated. I will do a google search this evening.
P.s. Robert I was not able to find the link you mentioned above.

Safari Continental 425 Panther'
skywood@frontier.com

' This may be a repeat reply.
Thank you for your timely replies.  We now know where the reservoir is located.  Our jacks were made by the RVA Company out of California. Would anyone know if there is someone who services them in the Midwest.  I will do a Google search this evening.
Thank you Robert for the video link!
Robert and Patricia Ingraham 2000 Safari Continental 425 Panther acquired April 2019
On Friday, August 16, 2019, 8:40:55 AM CDT, Robert Lewis robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Robert and Patricia IngrahamIf you click thru on my link below to the "battery tray" video, there are pictures of the leveler controls and tank.Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
https://safaritoonces.org

On August 16, 2019 6:23:24 AM "W Taylor Hudson fpengr@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  

'
Bill Edwards

Post by Bill Edwards »

' Repairs are now problematic as RVA is now defunct. I think it is Brazels RV in GrantsPass Oregon is trying to pick up the slack. Someone else here will ah e more detail on thatI suspect. I thought about this after I responded earlier. The T valve on the middle valve above the manifold may be loose. Crawl under the back toward the rear of the coach the battery compartment. You will see the pump has RVA lol stenciled on it. Behind that is. Silver manifold with 3 t handles on it. Center is the front jack.  Righty righty, lefty loosey. Iis the jack wet or dry? Does t he ding ding bell work when the jacks are down and the key on? Does it extend  And then retract on its own?
Bill Edwards 1999 Panther

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
On Friday, August 16, 2019, 8:17 PM, skywood@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  
Thank you for your quick responses! I am now aware of the location of the reservoir. The manufacturer of my jacks is RVA Company out of California.
If anyone knows where I could get them serviced in the Midwest that information would be very much appreciated. I will do a google search this evening.

Safari Continental 425 Panther
'
m_shumack

Post by m_shumack »

'RVA parts are still available. This website is what you’re looking for https://www.rvajack.com/  Mike S.2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder  From: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 10:55 PM
To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] Re: Blown Front Leveler Seal?   
Repairs are now problematic as RVA is now defunct. I think it is Brazels RV in GrantsPass Oregon is trying to pick up the slack. Someone else here will ah e more detail on thatI suspect. I thought about this after I responded earlier. The T valve on the middle valve above the manifold may be loose. Crawl under the back toward the rear of the coach the battery compartment. You will see the pump has RVA lol stenciled on it. Behind that is. Silver manifold with 3 t handles on it. Center is the front jack.  Righty righty, lefty loosey. Iis the jack wet or dry? Does t he ding ding bell work when the jacks are down and the key on? Does it extend  And then retract on its own?  Bill Edwards 1999 Panther

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPadOn Friday, August 16, 2019, 8:17 PM, skywood@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Thank you for your quick responses! I am now aware of the location of the reservoir. The manufacturer of my jacks is RVA Company out of California.

'
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'Bill is correct, RVA Jacks is now owned by Brazels.  https://www.rvajack.com/
Gary'98 Sahara 3006 300CAT
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 10:04 PM Bill Edwards billedwardsrs@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Repairs are now problematic as RVA is now defunct. I think it is Brazels RV in GrantsPass Oregon is trying to pick up the slack. Someone else here will ah e more detail on thatI suspect. I thought about this after I responded earlier. The T valve on the middle valve above the manifold may be loose. Crawl under the back toward the rear of the coach the battery compartment. You will see the pump has RVA lol stenciled on it. Behind that is. Silver manifold with 3 t handles on it. Center is the front jack.  Righty righty, lefty loosey. Iis the jack wet or dry? Does t he ding ding bell work when the jacks are down and the key on? Does it extend  And then retract on its own?
Bill Edwards 1999 Panther

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, August 16, 2019, 8:17 PM, skywood@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  

--
Gary Smith
ImageImage '