Re: Installing a two-bolts toilet on a four-bolts flange

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
f6d6b1a70c7d71aca7e088aba6515c97

Installing a two-bolts toilet on a four-bolts flange

Post by f6d6b1a70c7d71aca7e088aba6515c97 »

'
Hi everyone,
In a post written several months ago, I was asking suggestions for a new toilet. I have now a new Dometic 310 and I want to install it. Problem : the floor flange is a 4 bolts but more important, the bolts are configured at 45,135,225 and 315 degrees. My new toilet is a two-bolts at 90 and 270 degrees. How would you manage this? Is an universal adapater like this one the only solution? Or is there something else that can be done? I remember someone told once that he "dremmeled" in the flange to accomodate new toilet but I hesitate to do that. Is that not possible to remove this flange and change it for a new one? Is it cemented in the tank? If this is the case, how do you do if you want to replace the floor for example?
Thanks for your help,
Patrick
Sahara 96'
Craig Burrell

Post by Craig Burrell »

'I put new one in and dremeled it. Worked great. Much easier  then cutting the old one off.Craig

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android'
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'Patrick,I had the same problem when I put a replacement toilet in and solved itt using the product you link to.  In March of 2018 it was $53 on Amazon, so has gone up quite a bit.

Gary '98 Sahara 3006 300CAT
'

'Gary, how do you put the adapter on the old flange? I look at the picture and I don't see any slots for the bolts on the 45,135,225,315 configuration.Patrick'96 Sahara'

'Craig, what do you mean by "much easier than cutting the old flange"? Is that not possible to remove it more cleanly? '
technolog1

Post by technolog1 »

'2 holes and your done. No cutting and glueing. My opinion. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "agin.patrick@... [Safarifriends]" Date: 8/18/19 3:06 PM (GMT-06:00) To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com Subject: [Safarifriends] Re: Installing a two-bolts toilet on a four-bolts flange

Craig, what do you mean by "much easier than cutting the old flange"? Is that not possible to remove it more cleanly?  '
Robert Lewis

Post by Robert Lewis »

' If I understand this correctly I  did something like this on a house toilet where the flange was out of alignment.
I drilled new holes, then cut a slot into the flange the size of the thread shank to the hole and inserted the toilet bolts shank up.
Never removed the old flange,  took about 10 minutes.
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpAllison MD3060
https://safaritoonces.org

On August 18, 2019 4:46:19 PM "technolog1 technolog1@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  
2 holes and your done. No cutting and glueing. My opinion. 

-------- Original message --------From: "agin.patrick@... [Safarifriends]" Date: 8/18/19 3:06 PM (GMT-06:00) To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com Subject: [Safarifriends] Re: Installing a two-bolts toilet on a four-bolts flange

Craig, what do you mean by "much easier than cutting the old flange"? Is that not possible to remove it more cleanly? 

'
John Shelton

Post by John Shelton »

' Dometic should sell an adapter. I bought on from them.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
On Sunday, August 18, 2019, 7:38 AM, agin.patrick@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  

Hi everyone,
In a post written several months ago, I was asking suggestions for a new toilet. I have now a new Dometic 310 and I want to install it. Problem : the floor flange is a 4 bolts but more important, the bolts are configured at 45,135,225 and 315 degrees. My new toilet is a two-bolts at 90 and 270 degrees. How would you manage this? Is an universal adapater like this one the only solution? Or is there something else that can be done? I remember someone told once that he "dremmeled" in the flange to accomodate new toilet but I hesitate to do that. Is that not possible to remove this flange and change it for a new one? Is it cemented in the tank? If this is the case, how do you do if you want to replace the floor for example?
Thanks for your help,
Patrick
Sahara 96
'
robertfury@gmail.com

Post by robertfury@gmail.com »

'I’m not exactly sure this would work for yours (I think I’m getting the basic idea though) but what I did was install 45 degrees to shower side. So when you walk into the bathroom, the toilet sits pointed halfway between the back of the coach and the outside wall. I installed a new shower, and I liked the positioning better, more room as my toilet sits quite close to the interior wall. I was thinking about getting the adapter, but once I tried this out I liked it better.

94 Continental 8.3 Cummins'
technolog1

Post by technolog1 »

'Send a pict. My 93 needs a new tub.

-------- Original message --------From: "robertfury@... [Safarifriends]" Date: 8/18/19 11:04 PM (GMT-06:00) To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] Installing a two-bolts toilet on a four-bolts flange

I’m not exactly sure this would work for yours (I think I’m getting the basic idea though) but what I did was install 45 degrees to shower side. So when you walk into the bathroom, the toilet sits pointed halfway between the back of the coach and the outside wall. I installed a new shower, and I liked the positioning better, more room as my toilet sits quite close to the interior wall. I was thinking about getting the adapter, but once I tried this out I liked it better.

94 Continental 8.3 Cummins '