Re: Okay,since you're all able to answer most of my questions here's

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
7646ptrtcwo6o3ywrf6o4hn4hwtaar23ciq45kjz

Okay,since you're all able to answer most of my questions here's ano

Post by 7646ptrtcwo6o3ywrf6o4hn4hwtaar23ciq45kjz »

'I have a 99 Safari Serengeti, can anyone give me the proper positioning for the black turn valves? I'll add a pic if need be. I believe the hot runs along the top row and the cold on the bottom row. What is off, open, etc.

Pat Moynihan
99 Safari Serengeti
330 Cat
6 spd Ally'
nanandpete@q.com

Post by nanandpete@q.com »

'Unfortunately the valve handles will fit on the valve body in any one of several positions and they probably are all different, at least mine were. They will pop off with the help of a screwdriver. You have to find the correct "on" position by trial and error, then reset the handle to the correct position. Pete, '99 Sahara
have a 99 Safari Serengeti, can anyone give me the proper positioning for the black turn valves? I'll add a pic if need be. I believe the hot runs along the top row and the cold on the bottom row. What is off, open, etc.

Pat Moynihan
99 Safari Serengeti
330 Cat
6 spd Ally

------------------------------------
Posted by: moynihanp@...

Community email addresses:
Post message: Safarifriends@onelist.com
Subscribe: Safarifriends-subscribe@onelist.com
Unsubscribe: Safarifriends-unsubscribe@onelist.com
List owner: Safarifriends-owner@onelist.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/Safarifriends

Yahoo Groups Links'
Robert Lewis

Post by Robert Lewis »

' Had a similar problem. There was one key piece of overlooked information that cost me a great deal of difficulty. 
The manifold lines on my coach are not individual separate runs to the end point devices. The valve on the left turns off flow to the run on the right, it's a serial connection system. If the furthermost valve on the left is off no flow occurs to any of the other manifold outlets on the right and so forth down the list to the right . I believe that Jim Exler posted a drawing of the manifold or at least a good explanation of, it I don't have that at hand but if you look through the file system you might find it . 
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
https://safaritoonces.org
On August 27, 2019 8:11:11 AM "'nanandpete@...' nanandpete@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  

Unfortunately the valve handles will fit on the valve body in any one of several positions and they probably are all different, at least mine were. They will pop off with the help of a screwdriver. You have to find the correct "on" position by trial and error, then reset the handle to the correct position. Pete, '99 Sahara
have a 99 Safari Serengeti, can anyone give me the proper positioning for the black turn valves? I'll add a pic if need be. I believe the hot runs along the top row and the cold on the bottom row. What is off, open, etc.

Pat Moynihan
99 Safari Serengeti
330 Cat
6 spd Ally

Posted by: moynihanp@...

Community email addresses:
Post message: Safarifriends@onelist.com
Subscribe: Safarifriends-subscribe@onelist.com
Unsubscribe: Safarifriends-unsubscribe@onelist.com
List owner: Safarifriends-owner@onelist.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/Safarifriends

Yahoo Groups Links

'

'Thanks , for the responses so far. The only one that is causing me frustration is the cold shower and I had it working before, so I don't think it's an individual problem, it's the valves.
Now I do have 5he ice maker closed, I believe, so I don't know if that's part of the problem. I'll look for that file one of you mentioned. My ultimate goal is to have everything work and then mark my positions..could be setting my sights too high..lol.'
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'All the levers on the valves can be removed and reinstalled facing differently, so having someone tell you which way they should face doesn't mean much.  Each valve can be moved over a 180 degree arch.  One position is off.  If no one ever moved the levers on the valves and most of your valves seem to be doing what you want to the water flow, then move each of those working valved levers to a full stop position (one at a time) then back to where they were.  All the rest of the valves should move a similar distance and all end up facing the same direction.  If not, pull the odd ball lever(s) off and replace facing the same direction as all the others.  Then you can do the same with the valve you are concerned about.  All my valves face the same position (other than low point drains and the city water fill valve). 

Hot water system lines have nothing to do with your ice maker.  It is fed from a cold water line.  The inverter (or shore power) must be on, as well as a pressurized fresh water system (pump or city water) for the ice maker to work.  There should be a cold water valve that is for the ice maker.  There is also a fill valve at the ice maker that allows filling of the ice maker with water when conditions warrant.
Gary'98 Sahara 3006 300CAT
On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 4:41 PM moynihanp@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Thanks , for the responses so far. The only one that is causing me frustration is the cold shower and I had it working before, so I don't think it's an individual problem, it's the valves.
Now I do have 5he ice maker closed, I believe, so I don't know if that's part of the problem. I'll look for that file one of you mentioned. My ultimate goal is to have everything work and then mark my positions..could be setting my sights too high..lol.
--
Gary Smith
ImageImage '
chuckvedder@yahoo.com

Post by chuckvedder@yahoo.com »

'Full clockwise is on and allows flow to the valves to the right. Full counterclockwise turns that valve off, but allows flow to valves to the right. It should be 180 degree turn between on and off. At 90 degrees counterclockwise, that valve flows, but stops flow to all valves to the right.
Chuck
2000 Continental Panther 425'
Robert Lewis

Post by Robert Lewis »

' Chuck
Thank you for that explaination. I did not know about all three positions.That caused me all.manner of trouble when I first got the coach and couldn't get the shower to work.
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
https://safaritoonces.org
On August 27, 2019 8:42:28 PM "chuckvedder@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  
Full clockwise is on and allows flow to the valves to the right. Full counterclockwise turns that valve off, but allows flow to valves to the right. It should be 180 degree turn between on and off. At 90 degrees counterclockwise, that valve flows, but stops flow to all valves to the right.
Chuck
2000 Continental Panther 425

'

'Chuck, very interesting what you have uncovered. I'll be in the motorhome tomorrow and I'll see going by your instructions how it works out. Since the ice maker valve is all the way to the left in the cold water row, does that have to be open?'
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'Only if you want to make ice.  I would caution you to make certain the ice maker actually works before leaving it connected to pressurized water.
Gary‘98 Sahara 3006 300CAT
On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 8:39 PM moynihanp@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Chuck, very interesting what you have uncovered. I'll be in the motorhome tomorrow and I'll see going by your instructions how it works out. Since the ice maker valve is all the way to the left in the cold water row, does that have to be open?
--
Gary Smith
ImageImage '

'Let me see if I have an understanding of your advice. Going back you said the valve to the left has to be on for the valve to it's right to have flow? Since the ice maker is all the way to the left, I was asking if that had to be open?
A side note, the ice maker hasn't worked this summer, but it did work last summer. I thought the winter did its damage with freezing. I assumed I didn't get all the water out when I closed it down.'