Re: RV tip over wind speed

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
Dwayne

Post by Dwayne »

'My thought...... if you have to ask that question then it is time to evacuate.  On jacks I would think 80-100mph. 

Dwayne Knoll
On Aug 29, 2019, at 1:55 PM, robertcosmar@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Hi everyone,

This might sound like an odd question, but we need to ask it. We have a 38' 2000 Safari Zanzibar that weights about 33,000 lbs. We are in the general area of where Dorian is coming. We are about 100 miles from the ocean. We are in an RV park and they have not declared an evacuation yet. The question we have is how much wind would it take to turn an RV like ours on its side?

Thanks,
Robert and CJ

2000 Safari Zanzibar '
Jeff Travasos

Post by Jeff Travasos »

'Depending on the strength, if you have the option, get the hell put o there.  We know about those things in Louisiana.

Sent from my iPad
On Aug 29, 2019, at 6:42 PM, Dwayne knollibe@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

My thought...... if you have to ask that question then it is time to evacuate.  On jacks I would think 80-100mph. 

Dwayne Knoll

Hi everyone,

This might sound like an odd question, but we need to ask it. We have a 38' 2000 Safari Zanzibar that weights about 33,000 lbs. We are in the general area of where Dorian is coming. We are about 100 miles from the ocean. We are in an RV park and they have not declared an evacuation yet. The question we have is how much wind would it take to turn an RV like ours on its side?

Thanks,
Robert and CJ

2000 Safari Zanzibar
'
loislop

Post by loislop »

'I just heard on NPR winds may get to 135mph.  That may have fluff built in accommodate most possibilities.  But a Cat 4 is certainly life threatening without living in an RV!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Dwayne knollibe@... [Safarifriends]" Date: 8/29/19 4:42 PM (GMT-08:00) To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] RV tip over wind speed

My thought...... if you have to ask that question then it is time to evacuate.  On jacks I would think 80-100mph. 

Dwayne Knoll

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Robert and CJ

2000 Safari Zanzibar
'
Dwayne

Post by Dwayne »

'Get a plane ticket. Take RV insurance policy with you. It’s just not worth the risk.

Dwayne Knoll
On Aug 29, 2019, at 5:30 PM, loislop loislop@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
I just heard on NPR winds may get to 135mph.  That may have fluff built in accommodate most possibilities.  But a Cat 4 is certainly life threatening without living in an RV!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Dwayne knollibe@... [Safarifriends]" Date: 8/29/19 4:42 PM (GMT-08:00) To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] RV tip over wind speed

Dwayne Knoll

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Robert and CJ

2000 Safari Zanzibar
'
Keith Van Zandt

Post by Keith Van Zandt »

'I would be more worried about damage from flying stuff than tipping over.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 4:42 PM, Dwayne knollibe@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  

Dwayne Knoll

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Robert and CJ

2000 Safari Zanzibar
'