Re: 2000/2001 bedroom slide

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
Bill Edwards

2000/2001 bedroom slide

Post by Bill Edwards »

' Ok now I need some help. Does any one have any knowledge about the bedroom slide motor mechanism. Mine has a difficult time pushing slide out and pulling it in. Near as I can tell it is an adjustment related to the motor assembly. It is not the slide itself. 
Slide was out and could not bring it in. Fussed a bit with motor assembly and finally it slowly brought slide in. It draws a lot of power at this point of Mal adjustment.
Bill Edwards1999 Panther

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
'
Bilmac36

Post by Bilmac36 »

'Bill, I’m probably talking to the choir saying this, but are you certain your batteries and connections are all good? Sometimes it’s the simple things that bite us. R/Willie, Connie is ‘95 Continental, 8.3L, Ally 6spd Connie doesn’t have a slide, but my HR Savoy 5th wheel does.

Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 11, 2019, at 7:53 AM, Bill Edwards billedwardsrs@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Ok now I need some help. Does any one have any knowledge about the bedroom slide motor mechanism. Mine has a difficult time pushing slide out and pulling it in. Near as I can tell it is an adjustment related to the motor assembly. It is not the slide itself. 
Slide was out and could not bring it in. Fussed a bit with motor assembly and finally it slowly brought slide in. It draws a lot of power at this point of Mal adjustment.
Bill Edwards1999 Panther

'
r/Willie
'95 Safari Continental, Cummins 8.3L, Allison MD3060
ondaflore

Post by ondaflore »

'Bill,
Is this on the 1999 or the 2001 Z?
Bob2001 ZanzibarHuntsville AL
'
ondaflore

Post by ondaflore »

'Bill Edwards,
I really don't have any experience with the bedroom slide, as mine has never given me trouble, but if the motor can be disassembled, you might check the brushes.  I got stuck out on the river last week with a boat that abruptly would not start. I pulled the starter off yesterday and the brushes were like new, but stuck in their holders thanks to dried out grease and corrosion.  The starter had been slow, like my battery was weak, but battery voltage was good.  The boat is a 2001, so age wise it is comparable to a 2000/2001 motorhome, only with a hot AND damp environment.
'
Bill Edwards

Post by Bill Edwards »

' Bob, thanks for the suggestion, going after it this PM. It is the bedroom slide
Bill Edwards1999 Panther

On Sunday, September 15, 2019, 7:43 AM, ondaflore@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  
Bill Edwards,
I really don't have any experience with the bedroom slide, as mine has never given me trouble, but if the motor can be disassembled, you might check the brushes.  I got stuck out on the river last week with a boat that abruptly would not start. I pulled the starter off yesterday and the brushes were like new, but stuck in their holders thanks to dried out grease and corrosion.  The starter had been slow, like my battery was weak, but battery voltage was good.  The boat is a 2001, so age wise it is comparable to a 2000/2001 motorhome, only with a hot AND damp environment.
'
ondaflore

Post by ondaflore »

'Bill,
I will be across town working on my coach off and on this week if you need me to check out anything or take a picture of the slide mechanism.  I have a pair of Koni's to put on the front (the preferred P/N) and a brand spanking new stud extender and jam nut for my right front wheel simulator.  I guess life is getting pretty dull when a guy can get excited about getting a big nut in the mail.  We're getting prepped up for the Talladega infield next month.
Bob2001 ZanzibarHuntsville, AL

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Bob, thanks for the suggestion, going after it this PM. It is the bedroom slide
Bill Edwards1999 Panther

'
joneshd3488

Post by joneshd3488 »

'Attachments :I get it, Bob... I'm always excited to have diagnosed a problem, then have the fix in hand. Also, you and I are just a stones throw from one another, so hope we meet up one day. 
Hug Jones 2000 Zanzibar 3896Murfreesboro, TN

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "ondaflore@... [Safarifriends]" Date: 9/17/19 8:32 AM (GMT-07:00) To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com Subject: [Safarifriends] Re: 2000/2001 bedroom slide

Bill,
I will be across town working on my coach off and on this week if you need me to check out anything or take a picture of the slide mechanism.  I have a pair of Koni's to put on the front (the preferred P/N) and a brand spanking new stud extender and jam nut for my right front wheel simulator.  I guess life is getting pretty dull when a guy can get excited about getting a big nut in the mail.  We're getting prepped up for the Talladega infield next month.
Bob2001 ZanzibarHuntsville, AL

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Bob, thanks for the suggestion, going after it this PM. It is the bedroom slide
Bill Edwards1999 Panther

'