Re: Looking for owners manual

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
chadkrajicek

Looking for owners manual

Post by chadkrajicek »

'Hello everyone. I’ve recently purchased a1990 Safari motorcoach Serengeti Edition with a 460 gas engine and while looking for info on it I stumbled upon this group. I am unfamiliar with the systems or any systems at all, being this is my first RV ever. Does anyone now where I can get an owners manual? Also, I have found one for sale on the internet but it is for 1994-2001 Safari models including the Serengeti. It’s on a disc and the description says it has 480 pages... Would buying this manual be sufficient enough if I can not find one for my year?'
robertfury@gmail.com

Post by robertfury@gmail.com »

'I have a 94 Safari, and I do have the owners manuals. I will say there is very little information of use in them, being that they are so generic. I would imagine that if you could find manuals for your coach, you might find them to be lacking as well. Honestly I just never use them. For instance, it took me asking questions on this website from the other members to figure out the basics of my water system. Nothing in the manuals at all.

That being said in the files section of this site is a lot of good info, including wiring diagrams. I do have the original wiring diagrams for my coach, which are obviously very helpful. But other than that the Safari stuff is pretty useless. I do have manuals for things such as my motor, refer, washer/dryer, inverter, and those things are often found on the internet in all kinds of places.

What I have found most helpful is asking questions as they arise, and searching past conversations on this site. Good luck!

Robert Fury
1994 Continental'
chadkrajicek

Post by chadkrajicek »

'Thank you Robert. Great info...sounds like I can save some money on a manual then!'