Re: Demise of DirecTV for RVs?

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
mel96safari

Demise of DirecTV for RVs?

Post by mel96safari »

'I have had DirecTV with a Kingdome stationary, (not in-motion), satellite antenna, and DirecTV's DNS, (Distant Network Service), BOTH east coast AND west coast...(since 2003).

I just received the following email from at&t/directv, (dated Sep 26, 2019)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- View onlineYour DIRECTV® service will be unavailable soon.Call for your replacement equipment. 800.531.5000Hi MEL,Soon, you won’t be able to view your DIRECTV programming using your current equipment.But it’s a simple fix. All you need to do to avoid service interruption is give us a call.There’s no additional cost,* and we’ll come out and install your equipment at a time that is convenient for you.Call us today.We appreciate you choosing DIRECTV.AT&TCall 800.531.5000 today.--------------------------------------------------------------------------- BTW I made that call and was told that the "no additional cost offer" does NOT apply to any of the  RV specific satellite TV antennas.It's apparent that the long rumored DEMISE of DirecTVs SD satellite TV programing for RVs, (using any existing any DOME antenna), has begun.Mel'96 Sahara

'
Dwayne

Post by Dwayne »

'That sucks. I would call and raise hell! 

Dwayne Knoll96 Sahara. Dish network
On Sep 28, 2019, at 11:30 AM, stuplich@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
? I have had DirecTV with a Kingdome stationary, (not in-motion), satellite antenna, and DirecTV's DNS, (Distant Network Service), BOTH east coast AND west coast...(since 2003).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- View onlineYour DIRECTV® service will be unavailable soon.Call for your replacement equipment. 800.531.5000Hi MEL,Soon, you won’t be able to view your DIRECTV programming using your current equipment.But it’s a simple fix. All you need to do to avoid service interruption is give us a call.There’s no additional cost,* and we’ll come out and install your equipment at a time that is convenient for you.Call us today.We appreciate you choosing DIRECTV.AT&TCall 800.531.5000 today.--------------------------------------------------------------------------- BTW I made that call and was told that the "no additional cost offer" does NOT apply to any of the  RV specific satellite TV antennas.It's apparent that the long rumored DEMISE of DirecTVs SD satellite TV programing for RVs, (using any existing any DOME antenna), has begun.Mel'96 Sahara

'
Gary Smith

Post by Gary Smith »

'I also have DirecTV on my Sahara, but with an HD system.  Have not received any notice similar to this.  My service was purchased through CostCo.  Maybe it's because my RV and home are on the same contract?
Gary'98 Sahara 3006 300CAT
On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 7:41 PM Dwayne knollibe@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

That sucks. I would call and raise hell! 

Dwayne Knoll96 Sahara. Dish network
On Sep 28, 2019, at 11:30 AM, stuplich@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
? I have had DirecTV with a Kingdome stationary, (not in-motion), satellite antenna, and DirecTV's DNS, (Distant Network Service), BOTH east coast AND west coast...(since 2003).

--
Gary Smith
ImageImage '
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'GaryBecause of the DirecTV DNS (Distant Network Station) rules, (aka: contractual obligations), see: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv/KM1102671?gsi=6d1v02, I was only allowed to recieve DirecTV programing with the equipment ON/IN my coach.I suspect IF you have a "satellite dome antenna" on your coach it will soon go dark.
Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

I also have DirecTV on my Sahara, but with an HD system.  Have not received any notice similar to this.  My service was purchased through CostCo.  Maybe it's because my RV and home are on the same contract?
Gary'98 Sahara 3006 300CAT
'
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'DwayneI did talk to DirecTV at the number they provided.
During that 4 hour phone call I was transferred to 7 different departments, and told many different things.What resulted was loss of some channels (because they changed my programing package), and an offer of a $60 a month for a year "loyalty discount".However when this months invoice arrived it did include a "loyalty discount"... but of only $29.99 a month and for only 3 months.
Mel... A FORMER DirecTV DNS customer, (now with Dish)
'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

That sucks. I would call and raise hell! Dwayne Knoll96 Sahara. Dish network
'