Re: Alternative, Yahoo terminating

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
robert.lewis.tl@gmail.com

Alternative, Yahoo terminating

Post by robert.lewis.tl@gmail.com »

'Remember the advice from "HichHikers Guide to the Galaxy", "Don't PANIC"

A good alternative to Yahoo is "groups.io". They have an assisted if not fully automatic transfer from yahoo to groups.I0 for fall forums , this is for a paid subscription. A paid plan that would give 10 GB is $110 per year, the plan jumps to $2200 per year for 1TB which is expensive. Not all emails are Gems of wisdom, so if just files from the current site are desired, the $110 Plan would be lots. Plus this site has substantially better tools for searching and maintaining the forum than yahoo.

This is just the first site I looked at and mainly because they offer no charge movement of the forum. But other Host sites will offer host migration... there we go, the gate is open, the waters are rising. This was raised about a year or more ago when the waters were at our ankles, now it's at our neck. Just sayin, know what I'm sayin.

Robert and Bev Lewis
2000 Safari Continental, since 2017
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

https://safaritoonces.org'
Lois Lopez

Re: Alternative, Yahoo terminating

Post by Lois Lopez »

'I am happy to contribute toward the $110.00.  It sounds like a lot of time-consuming work to go through the files and keep the storage below 1TB (which is HUGE).
Lois & Darryl2001 Serengeti
On Oct 16, 2019, at 9:47 AM, robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
Remember the advice from "HichHikers Guide to the Galaxy", "Don't PANIC"

A good alternative to Yahoo is "groups.io". They have an assisted if not fully automatic transfer from yahoo to groups.I0 for fall forums , this is for a paid subscription. A paid plan that would give 10 GB is $110 per year, the plan jumps to $2200 per year for 1TB which is expensive. Not all emails are Gems of wisdom, so if just files from the current site are desired, the $110 Plan would be lots. Plus this site has substantially better tools for searching and maintaining the forum than yahoo.

This is just the first site I looked at and mainly because they offer no charge movement of the forum. But other Host sites will offer host migration... there we go, the gate is open, the waters are rising. This was raised about a year or more ago when the waters were at our ankles, now it's at our neck. Just sayin, know what I'm sayin.

Robert and Bev Lewis
2000 Safari Continental, since 2017
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

https://safaritoonces.org
'