Re: Downloading files....

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
webguydave

Downloading files....

Post by webguydave »

'
Has anyone tried opening / downloading anything from the files?
Just tried a couple items and got a 'server unknown / no DNS' msg...

sheesh... I'm about as tired of Yahoo's games as Facebook!

Dave in Esmont, Va
1998 Safari'
webguydave

Post by webguydave »

'Well, an update..Yahoo started playing nice finally, and I've downloaded about 120 files that I thought might be pertinent to the 1998 Safari Sahara Cat powered RV.
I'm planning on a restoration on my bus come next year; after a moving to Virginia a year ago, I have a nearly finished 3 car garage and a separate framed out/roofed bus barn/machine shop. It probably will be well into 2020 before I start that process, but with a possible Yahoo Groups shut down, decided to save as many reverent docs as possible.  And there are some gems, namely wiring related!
As a 'lurker' I surely appreciated all the experiences and advice related by all the folks on this group; someday I hope to be able to contribute in a meaningful way as well!
Best
Dave in Esmont, Va1998 Safari Sahara 300hp Cat / Allison'
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'DaveDownloading from the Files works for me.(I just now successfully downloaded ALLISON TRANSMISSION BOOK Pages 20-21.jpg and a few other files).
Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Dave in Esmont, Va
1998 Safari'
Dave Johnson

Post by Dave Johnson »

' ...and started working for me, as well.
A wealth of information! 
There seems to be a bit of a question about whether Yahoo will shut down Groups, but this is consistent with what they were saying last year when Yahoo got bought - they really have no interest in it; there's been no improvements to make it competitive at all.They just pay attention to their business plan...
Best
Dave in Esmont, Ve1998 Sahara Safari
On Thursday, October 17, 2019, 01:25:56 PM EDT, stuplich@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

DaveDownloading from the Files works for me.(I just now successfully downloaded ALLISON TRANSMISSION BOOK Pages 20-21.jpg and a few other files).
Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Dave in Esmont, Va
1998 Safari '