Re: Yahoo Groups - PGOffline purchase presentaton

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
robert.lewis.tl@gmail.com

Yahoo Groups - PGOffline purchase presentaton

Post by robert.lewis.tl@gmail.com »

'
Hi

To those that might be interested in the running the Yahoo groups system offline there is a presentation on how to purchase the license key at
https://safaritoonces.org/pgoffline-yahoo-groups/

This is a discounted price of $14.95, you can use the software for free for 21 days.
The previous presentation showed what the software did and how to use it.

Regards
Robert and Bev Lewis
2000 Safari Continental, since 2017
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

https://safaritoonces.org

'
James Exler

Post by James Exler »

'

Robert Lewis,

I am appalled that you are trying to profit from the freely provided works of others and strongly disagree with this approach. Do what you want with your info but do not use mine. Any permissions I have given you in the past to include my works (drawings,
ideas) in your presentations is hereby revoked as long as it is not provided free of charge, both for access, viewing and downloading.

Please remove from your site any and all material that has been provided to the Yahoo site that I have created

You DO NOT have permission to use or share any of that material on any site that is not FREE to the public.

James Exler, Nampa, ID

On 10/22/2019 12:27 AM, robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Hi

To those that might be interested in the running the Yahoo groups system offline there is a presentation on how to purchase the license key at

This is a discounted price of $14.95, you can use the software for free for 21 days.

Regards

Robert and Bev Lewis

3126B Cat, 330hp

MD3060 Allison

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

'
Robert Lewis

Post by Robert Lewis »

' Jim
I think you missed or misread my previous messages. 
I clearly stated that I receive no money or free products or renumeration of any kind. I paid for a license to use the software the same as anyone else and recorded the process. Then I created a presentation on how to buy the key and activate the software to save people problems.
I retrieved the files and posted presentations on how to preserve all the information because Yahoo will stop access and ultimately delete the content and because no one else seemed to have a solution.
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison

On October 22, 2019 4:55:05 AM "James Exler jimxexler@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  

Robert Lewis,
I am appalled that you are trying to profit from the freely provided works of others and strongly disagree with this approach. Do what you want with your info but do not use mine. Any permissions I have given you in the past to include my works (drawings, ideas) in your presentations is hereby revoked as long as it is not provided free of charge, both for access, viewing and downloading.

Please remove from your site any and all material that has been provided to the Yahoo site that I have created
You DO NOT have permission to use or share any of that material on any site that is not FREE to the public.
James Exler, Nampa, ID
On 10/22/2019 12:27 AM, robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Hi

Regards
Robert and Bev Lewis
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

Image Virus-free. www.avg.com

'
david

Post by david »

'James,  I think you missed the boat.  The money goes to PGO for their software.  Robert doesn’t appear to get anything.  Even if he did, he’s certainly not even going to cover his time in setting up an alternative to Yahoo Groups.  Would you prefer he hadn’t done this extraordinary work to archive and make available all the work and information currently residing on Yahoo’s servers?  You would rather the information you kindly provided simply disappear?   Get a grip.  David  From: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 4:53 AM
To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] Yahoo Groups - PGOffline purchase presentaton   
Robert Lewis,
I am appalled that you are trying to profit from the freely provided works of others and strongly disagree with this approach. Do what you want with your info but do not use mine. Any permissions I have given you in the past to include my works (drawings, ideas) in your presentations is hereby revoked as long as it is not provided free of charge, both for access, viewing and downloading.
James Exler, Nampa, ID
******************************************On 10/22/2019 12:27 AM, robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Hi

Regards
Robert and Bev Lewis
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

ImageVirus-free. www.avg.com '
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'That said I believe we each have a right to request, (demand), that any property we created not be used elsewhere.Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

James,  I think you missed the boat.  The money goes to PGO for their software.  Robert doesn’t appear to get anything.  Even if he did, he’s certainly not even going to cover his time in setting up an alternative to Yahoo Groups.  Would you prefer he hadn’t done this extraordinary work to archive and make available all the work and information currently residing on Yahoo’s servers?  You would rather the information you kindly provided simply disappear?   Get a grip.  David  From: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 4:53 AM
To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] Yahoo Groups - PGOffline purchase presentaton   
Robert Lewis,
James Exler, Nampa, ID
'
robert.lewis.tl@gmail.com

Post by robert.lewis.tl@gmail.com »

'James,
My apologies for misspelling your name , I used Jim instead of James. Typing error, not focused as I should have been.
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
'
wolfe102001

Post by wolfe102001 »

'Am I correct in assuming that efforts to date are focused on saving the "Files"?
But, NOT on a continued presence of a venue for dialogue (questions and then answers by knowledgeable owners who have been there and done that)?
Seems like only a small (but important) part of the benefits of the group is being addressed.
'
Robert Lewis

Post by Robert Lewis »

' I tried to be as dliberste as explicit as I know how about what I did, how I did it and why.
Here it is again.
  1. The common concern was that there was 20 years of collective information that would not be accesible in the future. This knowledge base is in part but not in total, 40,000+ messages.
    1. I extracted all these messages and uploaded them to a safe repository...Amazon.
    2. The next admin can repopulate the new forum site with this database, there is no charge. I am not part of that decision process.
    3. There is no charge or fee for someone else to pull this archive down and use it. I am paying the storage charge and have not asked anyone for re-embursrment.
    4. To access the messages in the repository/database a software system is needed. I found the software PGOffline. It is not free, it costs $14.95, I do not receive nothing from any sale, and have paid the full price just like anyone else. You don't have to use the software, you can find your own solution.
  2. The last part of the information set are the FILES & PHOTOS &LINKS. You can down load these without charge, it is free. I pay for the storage and bandwidth without compensation. The files can be used in a PDF viewer, JPG viewer... Etc wihout charge.
I don't know how to make this clearer.
There are ways to extract and segment the information by user,  but I do not have the time nor interest to deal with this further. The only other solution will be to deny access to the data for everyone if there is continuing conflict.
On October 22, 2019 11:50:12 AM "bawolfe10@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  
Am I correct in assuming that efforts to date are focused on saving the "Files"?
But, NOT on a continued presence of a venue for dialogue (questions and then answers by knowledgeable owners who have been there and done that)?
Seems like only a small (but important) part of the benefits of the group is being addressed.

'
TD

Post by TD »

'Brett and the rest of the group members,

At this point, that is what is being done. As preservation of files,
photos, and conversations is the number one priority, so all doesn't
get lost. Once that is secure, which I believe it is, thanks to Robert
Lewis, then the next steps can be taken to find a new platform and
provider. Also, preserving everything first, allows R G time to find a
new venue without having to rush the process and potentially
blundering it. Methinks, this is going to take time, so we need to be
patient and communicate ideas and/or concerns to R G, after all he is
the long time, dedicated group owner, who deserves our gratitude and
respect.

John
'95 Serengeti Cummins C8.3
Allison 6spd.

On 10/22/19, bawolfe10@... [Safarifriends]
wrote:
> Am I correct in assuming that efforts to date are focused on saving the
> "Files"?
>
>
> But, NOT on a continued presence of a venue for dialogue (questions and
> then answers by knowledgeable owners who have been there and done that)?
>
>
> Seems like only a small (but important) part of the benefits of the group
> is being addressed.
>
>
'
mel96safari

A continued presence of a venue for dialogue? (was Yahoo Groups - PG

Post by mel96safari »

'Brett
We all may be overthinking this.
The "Attention" notice from Yahoo states: "Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members".
Sounds to me like new posts, (both questions and answers), will continue to be available as before...(We will know for sure after October 28, 2019).
Mel'96 Safari

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Am I correct in assuming that efforts to date are focused on saving the "Files"?
'