Re: Yahoo Groups - PGOffline purchase presentaton

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
James Exler

Post by James Exler »

'

Robert,

Thanks for your answer. I am adamant that my works are provided free to the public and that no one makes any money from them.

I will hold off for now to see where this goes.

I was traveling yesterday so I did not have a chance to respond until this morning. By the way, James is for formal things and Jim is what I go by so no problem.

To the best of my knowledge, we have not heard from RG as to any situations regarding the site. I would think he would be notified if it was closing.

Thanks again,

Jim Exler

On 10/22/2019 8:06 AM, Robert Lewis robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Jim

I think you missed or misread my previous messages. 

I clearly stated that I receive no money or free products or renumeration of any kind. I paid for a license to use the software the same as anyone else and recorded the process. Then I created a presentation on how to buy the key and activate
the software to save people problems.

I retrieved the files and posted presentations on how to preserve all the information because Yahoo will stop access and ultimately delete the content and because no one else seemed to have a solution.

Robert and Bev Lewis
2000 Safari Continental, since 2017
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

https://safaritoonces.org

On October 22, 2019 4:55:05 AM "James Exler jimxexler@... [Safarifriends]" Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Robert Lewis,

I am appalled that you are trying to profit from the freely provided works of others and strongly disagree with this approach. Do what you want with your info but do not use mine. Any permissions I have given you in the past to include my works (drawings,
ideas) in your presentations is hereby revoked as long as it is not provided free of charge, both for access, viewing and downloading.

Please remove from your site any and all material that has been provided to the Yahoo site that I have created

You DO NOT have permission to use or share any of that material on any site that is not FREE to the public.

James Exler, Nampa, ID

On 10/22/2019 12:27 AM, robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Hi

To those that might be interested in the running the Yahoo groups system offline there is a presentation on how to purchase the license key at

https://safaritoonces.org/pgoffline-yahoo-groups/

This is a discounted price of $14.95, you can use the software for free for 21 days.

The previous presentation showed what the software did and how to use it.

Regards

Robert and Bev Lewis

3126B Cat, 330hp

MD3060 Allison

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

'
Craig Burrell

Post by Craig Burrell »

' THat is what I got out of the message. Thanks for doing it. 
On Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 09:06:01 AM CDT, Robert Lewis robert.lewis.tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Jim
I clearly stated that I receive no money or free products or renumeration of any kind. I paid for a license to use the software the same as anyone else and recorded the process. Then I created a presentation on how to buy the key and activate the software to save people problems.
I retrieved the files and posted presentations on how to preserve all the information because Yahoo will stop access and ultimately delete the content and because no one else seemed to have a solution.
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison

On October 22, 2019 4:55:05 AM "James Exler jimxexler@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  

Robert Lewis,
I am appalled that you are trying to profit from the freely provided works of others and strongly disagree with this approach. Do what you want with your info but do not use mine. Any permissions I have given you in the past to include my works (drawings, ideas) in your presentations is hereby revoked as long as it is not provided free of charge, both for access, viewing and downloading.

Please remove from your site any and all material that has been provided to the Yahoo site that I have created
You DO NOT have permission to use or share any of that material on any site that is not FREE to the public.
James Exler, Nampa, ID

Hi

To those that might be interested in the running the Yahoo groups system offline there is a presentation on how to purchase the license key at

This is a discounted price of $14.95, you can use the software for free for 21 days.

Regards
Robert and Bev Lewis
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

Image Virus-free. www.avg.com

'
mel96safari

Re: A continued presence of a venue for dialogue? (was Yahoo Groups

Post by mel96safari »

'Because the "Attention" notice from Yahoo states: "Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members" , methinks both old and new Safarifriends posts will be available on line, (at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Safarifriends/conversations/messages), as they have been since 2000.... If, Mr.G, the founder/owner/moderator, makes no changes.

However If a change is made I will follow Safarifriends to wherever it lands.
Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Brett
We all may be overthinking this.
The "Attention" notice from Yahoo states: "Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members".
Sounds to me like new posts, (both questions and answers), will continue to be available as before...(We will know for sure after October 28, 2019).
Mel'96 Safari

'
W Taylor Hudson

Post by W Taylor Hudson »

'Jim,I certainly appreciate your professional documentation of all you have provided.  If I may ask, did you ever work for SMC or one of their suppliers?  You are extremely knowledgeable for a hobbyist.  v/r,
Taylor Hudson‘98 Safari Serengeti (4060), CAT 3126acquired 2018
On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 11:10 AM James Exler jimxexler@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Robert,
Thanks for your answer. I am adamant that my works are provided free to the public and that no one makes any money from them.
I was traveling yesterday so I did not have a chance to respond until this morning. By the way, James is for formal things and Jim is what I go by so no problem.
To the best of my knowledge, we have not heard from RG as to any situations regarding the site. I would think he would be notified if it was closing.
Thanks again,
Jim Exler

Jim
I clearly stated that I receive no money or free products or renumeration of any kind. I paid for a license to use the software the same as anyone else and recorded the process. Then I created a presentation on how to buy the key and activate the software to save people problems.
Robert and Bev Lewis 2000 Safari Continental, since 2017 3126B Cat, 330hp MD3060 Allison

On October 22, 2019 4:55:05 AM "James Exler jimxexler@... [Safarifriends]" Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com wrote:  

Robert Lewis,
I am appalled that you are trying to profit from the freely provided works of others and strongly disagree with this approach. Do what you want with your info but do not use mine. Any permissions I have given you in the past to include my works (drawings, ideas) in your presentations is hereby revoked as long as it is not provided free of charge, both for access, viewing and downloading.

James Exler, Nampa, ID

Hi

Regards
Robert and Bev Lewis
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

'
Robert Lewis

Post by Robert Lewis »

' Hi Jim
I heard from RG and he was appreciative of the information being saved.
We are on the same page. In all my years of professional work I have never seen anyone come even close to the grifters, avaricious, incompetent preditors that I have dealt with in the RV industry. Nothing contributed by myself or others will be sold that I have any part of.
Robert and Bev Lewis2000 Safari Continental, since 20173126B Cat, 330hpMD3060 Allison
On October 23, 2019 11:10:40 AM "James Exler jimxexler@... [Safarifriends]" wrote:  

Robert,
Thanks again,
Jim Exler

Jim
Robert and Bev Lewis 2000 Safari Continental, since 2017 3126B Cat, 330hp MD3060 Allison

Robert Lewis,

James Exler, Nampa, ID

Hi

Regards
Robert and Bev Lewis
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

'
James Exler

Post by James Exler »

'

Taylor,

I was a union pipe fitter and welder and tinker with electronics, model railroad, photography and of course, my RV. I taught myself AutoCad and have used it for years; both in my trade as a piping detailer and at home.

When I bought my Sahara used in 2007, the previous owner gave me his accumulation of data which was extensive. I felt lucky to have this data and decided to share it. I found Safarifriends and the rest is history.

Since that time I have added to the collection by redrawing some of the factory drawings and of course making many of my own as needed. I also take pictures of everything I work on, particularly that hidden after the unit is ready for service. The internet
is a great source of information and I spend hours sometimes "lost" looking for answers.

Thanks for your note.

Jim Exler

On 10/23/2019 12:32 PM, W Taylor Hudson fpengr@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Jim,

I certainly appreciate your professional documentation of all you have provided.  If I may ask, did you ever work for SMC or one of their suppliers?  You are extremely knowledgeable for a hobbyist.  
v/r,

Taylor Hudson
‘98 Safari Serengeti (4060), CAT 3126
acquired 2018

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 11:10 AM James Exler jimxexler@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Robert,

Thanks again,

Jim Exler

On 10/22/2019 8:06 AM, Robert Lewis robert.lewis..tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Jim

I clearly stated that I receive no money or free products or renumeration of any kind. I paid for a license to use the software the same as anyone else and recorded the process. Then I created a presentation on how to buy the key and activate
the software to save people problems.

Robert and Bev Lewis
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

Robert Lewis,

I am appalled that you are trying to profit from the freely provided works of others and strongly disagree with this approach. Do what you want with your info but do not use mine. Any permissions I have given you in the past to include my works (drawings,
ideas) in your presentations is hereby revoked as long as it is not provided free of charge, both for access, viewing and downloading.

James Exler, Nampa, ID

Hi

The previous presentation showed what the software did and how to use it..

Regards

Robert and Bev Lewis

3126B Cat, 330hp

MD3060 Allison

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

'
bilmac36 .

Post by bilmac36 . »

'Jim, I believe I recall reading Taylor's positive comments and have to 2nd it.AutoCad as I'm aware of it is a good program to know. Appreciate you putting your knowledge and bird-dogging tenacity to use to benefit us Safari owners, and for that matter, RV owners in general as there are similarities that one can gleam from one to the other.Thanks,wm
Respectfully, Willie, 1995 40’ Continental, 8.3L Cummins, Allison 6 spd,   Owned since 1999/2000. Central Time Zone. 
On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 12:13 PM James Exler jimxexler@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Taylor,
I was a union pipe fitter and welder and tinker with electronics, model railroad, photography and of course, my RV. I taught myself AutoCad and have used it for years; both in my trade as a piping detailer and at home.

When I bought my Sahara used in 2007, the previous owner gave me his accumulation of data which was extensive. I felt lucky to have this data and decided to share it. I found Safarifriends and the rest is history.
Since that time I have added to the collection by redrawing some of the factory drawings and of course making many of my own as needed. I also take pictures of everything I work on, particularly that hidden after the unit is ready for service. The internet is a great source of information and I spend hours sometimes "lost" looking for answers.
Thanks for your note.
Jim Exler
On 10/23/2019 12:32 PM, W Taylor Hudson fpengr@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
  Jim, I certainly appreciate your professional documentation of all you have provided.  If I may ask, did you ever work for SMC or one of their suppliers?  You are extremely knowledgeable for a hobbyist.   v/r,
Taylor Hudson ‘98 Safari Serengeti (4060), CAT 3126 acquired 2018

Robert,
Thanks again,
Jim Exler

On 10/22/2019 8:06 AM, Robert Lewis robert.lewis..tl@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
  Jim

Robert Lewis,

James Exler, Nampa, ID

Hi

The previous presentation showed what the software did and how to use it..

Regards
Robert and Bev Lewis
3126B Cat, 330hp
MD3060 Allison

'
TD

Re: A continued presence of a venue for dialogue? (was Yahoo Groups

Post by TD »

'Mel,

I wish "your thinking/assumption" were true, but that is an incorrect
assumption, and this assumption can leave you a sitting ducks. Please
understand that the only "bare bones" item that will be left of yahoo
groups, is being able to communicate between members, ONLY VIA
EMAIL.[period], nothing else. After December 14 2019, all
conversations, photos, files, and attachments (hence everything) WILL
BE DELETED! You will NOT be able to see old conversations. The only
way you be able to see old conversations is for those few members who
have been receiving each and every post via email, not digest or via
group, only via email, as those post are preserved in the member's
email, not on the group. And that is assuming that those members have
NOT deleted their emails after they read them. (See Jim E's post for
further terminology from Yahoo)
So, again, from December 14th and on, the only communication that will
still be available to members, is via email only. NOTHING will be
visible via the group link, it will be wiped out. In my humble
opinion, this will not be an acceptable way communicate. It is better
than nothing at all, but still not acceptable...

Also, as of October 29th, no new files, photos will be able to be
uploaded/posted on the group. As far as I know, the messages will
still be posting as they are now until December 14th, then everything
disappears except the email communication.

John
'95 Serengeti Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.

On 10/23/19, stuplich@... [Safarifriends]
wrote:
> Because the "Attention" notice from Yahoo states: "Sending/Receiving email
> functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any
> email client with your group members" , methinks both old and new
> Safarifriends posts will be available on line, (at
> https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Safarifriends/conversations/messages
> https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Safarifriends/conversations/messages),
> as they have been since 2000.... If, Mr.G, the founder/owner/moderator,
> makes no changes.
>
>
>
> However If a change is made I will follow Safarifriends to wherever it
> lands.
>
> Mel
> '96 Sahara
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :
>
> Brett
>
> We all may be overthinking this.
>
>
> The "Attention" notice from Yahoo states: "Sending/Receiving email
> functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any
> email client with your group members".
>
>
> Sounds to me like new posts, (both questions and answers), will continue to
> be available as before...
> (We will know for sure after October 28, 2019).
>
>
> Mel
> '96 Safari
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
'
mel96safari

Safarirfriends future ( was: A continued presence of a venue for dia

Post by mel96safari »

'John
I get it.As I said I hope someone with computer smarts will take RG up on his offer.
It won't be me... (because I still think this is a cup-holder):Image
Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Mel,

I wish "your thinking/assumption" were true, but that is an incorrect
assumption, and this assumption can leave you a sitting ducks. Please
understand that the only "bare bones" item that will be left of yahoo
groups, is being able to communicate between members, ONLY VIA
EMAIL.[period], nothing else. After December 14 2019, all
conversations, photos, files, and attachments (hence everything) WILL
BE DELETED! You will NOT be able to see old conversations. The only
way you be able to see old conversations is for those few members who
have been receiving each and every post via email, not digest or via
group, only via email, as those post are preserved in the member's
email, not on the group. And that is assuming that those members have
NOT deleted their emails after they read them. (See Jim E's post for
further terminology from Yahoo)
So, again, from December 14th and on, the only communication that will
still be available to members, is via email only. NOTHING will be
visible via the group link, it will be wiped out. In my humble
opinion, this will not be an acceptable way communicate. It is better
than nothing at all, but still not acceptable...

Also, as of October 29th, no new files, photos will be able to be
uploaded/posted on the group. As far as I know, the messages will
still be posting as they are now until December 14th, then everything
disappears except the email communication.

John
Allison 6spd.

'
TD

Re: Safarirfriends future ( was: A continued presence of a venue for

Post by TD »

'Mel,

Lol. That cup holder is older or as old as the old cellular brick phones!

John
Allison 6spd.

On 10/25/19, stuplich@... [Safarifriends]
wrote:
> John
>
> I get it.
> As I said I hope someone with computer smarts will take RG up on his
> offer.
>
>
> It won't be me... (because I still think this is a cup-holder):
>
>
> Mel
> '96 Sahara
>
>
>
> ---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :
>
> Mel,
>
> I wish "your thinking/assumption" were true, but that is an incorrect
> assumption, and this assumption can leave you a sitting ducks. Please
> understand that the only "bare bones" item that will be left of yahoo
> groups, is being able to communicate between members, ONLY VIA
> EMAIL.[period], nothing else. After December 14 2019, all
> conversations, photos, files, and attachments (hence everything) WILL
> BE DELETED! You will NOT be able to see old conversations. The only
> way you be able to see old conversations is for those few members who
> have been receiving each and every post via email, not digest or via
> group, only via email, as those post are preserved in the member's
> email, not on the group. And that is assuming that those members have
> NOT deleted their emails after they read them. (See Jim E's post for
> further terminology from Yahoo)
> So, again, from December 14th and on, the only communication that will
> still be available to members, is via email only. NOTHING will be
> visible via the group link, it will be wiped out. In my humble
> opinion, this will not be an acceptable way communicate. It is better
> than nothing at all, but still not acceptable...
>
> Also, as of October 29th, no new files, photos will be able to be
> uploaded/posted on the group. As far as I know, the messages will
> still be posting as they are now until December 14th, then everything
> disappears except the email communication.
>
> John
> '95 Serengeti Cummins C8.3-300
> Allison 6spd.
>
>
>
>
>
'