Yahoo shutdown

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
James Exler

Yahoo shutdown

Post by James Exler »

'

Group,

I just went on Yahoo.com and found the following on the "Group Issue". Below is a copy and paste from their site.

Oct 28 is the end of new files and all will be gone on Dec 14.

Jim Exler

Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 28 you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently
removed. You'll have until that date to save anything you've uploaded.

What
features will go away?

FilesPollsLinksPhotosFoldersCalendarDatabaseAttachmentsConversationsEmail UpdatesMessage DigestMessage History

What
will happen to the site?

The Yahoo Groups site will continue to exist, however, all public groups will be made private or restricted. Any new group members will need to request an invite or be invited by an admin. Admins will still be
able to manage various group settings, though some functionality will be limited.

What
will happen on October 28?

On October 28, you will no longer be able to upload any content to the site. To share info with members of your groups, you'll continue to be able to do so via email.

How
can I keep my Yahoo Groups content?

Photos
and files can be saved
 right from the Yahoo Groups site, or you can download
your data from the Privacy Dashboard

Will
I be able to use Yahoo Groups going forward?

You'll still be able to communicate with your groups via email and search for private groups on the site. In addition, admins will continue to have limited access to group settings and administration tools.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

'