Re: Safarirfriends future

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
rimichsz

Safarirfriends future

Post by rimichsz »

'
Greetings....  so 20 years goes by in a flash and here we are at a crossroads as to which direction to head next.  Personally, I believe pretty much every topic of every coach has been extensively covered through the years both with documentation and photos. What could possibly be left to upload other than photos of personal projects that appeal to the poster, but not necessarily the majority of our membership ?
With that in mind, let me know what you the members would prefer. be it we stay here and continue as is, without the ability to upload additional topics, or move it somewhere else. Post your opinions once please.
Also, I'd be interested in turning the reins over to new blood. I've got a lot of irons in a lot of fires and I'm ready to downsize so to speak. If you are interested in bringing Safarifriends into the next decade, please send me a private message and we can make the necessary arraignments. Thank you.  RG.'
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'RGI certainly hope someone will take you up on your most generous offer.
What is your private email address?.... (I have it as prieye@....... prieye at msn dot com).Or will a message to you at safarifriends-owner@yahoogroups.com, (safarifriends-owner at yahoo groups dot com), be sufficient?
Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Greetings....  so 20 years goes by in a flash and here we are at a crossroads as to which direction to head next.  Personally, I believe pretty much every topic of every coach has been extensively covered through the years both with documentation and photos. What could possibly be left to upload other than photos of personal projects that appeal to the poster, but not necessarily the majority of our membership ?
With that in mind, let me know what you the members would prefer. be it we stay here and continue as is, without the ability to upload additional topics, or move it somewhere else. Post your opinions once please.
Also, I'd be interested in turning the reins over to new blood. I've got a lot of irons in a lot of fires and I'm ready to downsize so to speak. If you are interested in bringing Safarifriends into the next decade, please send me a private message and we can make the necessary arraignments. Thank you.  RG.'
Bruce Cavallin

Post by Bruce Cavallin »

'Thankyou for the update on your involvement in Safarifriends.  I too have new issues to deal with, primarily I'm old, can't hardly see and got rid of my Trek a couple years ago.  My activities now center around gathering firewood  during the spring & summer and burning it during the fall & winter.  Hoping you are well,Bruce
On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 1:34 PM prieye@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Also, I'd be interested in turning the reins over to new blood. I've got a lot of irons in a lot of fires and I'm ready to downsize so to speak. If you are interested in bringing Safarifriends into the next decade, please send me a private message and we can make the necessary arraignments. Thank you.  RG.
'
Mogan David

Post by Mogan David »

' Did not even know I was a member. SAFARI was one of the brands I considered before buying a Barth, and later a Foretravel. I remain in brand-specific forums for each. It seems like time for you to move on. Thanks for the hours and hours you’ve put into the Safari group.   

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
On Thursday, October 24, 2019, 1:36 PM, prieye@... [Safarifriends] wrote:  

Also, I'd be interested in turning the reins over to new blood. I've got a lot of irons in a lot of fires and I'm ready to downsize so to speak. If you are interested in bringing Safarifriends into the next decade, please send me a private message and we can make the necessary arraignments. Thank you.  RG.
'
Mr. G.

Post by Mr. G. »

'

RG I certainly hope someone will take you up on your most generous offer.
What is your private email address?.... (I have it as prieye@....... prieye at msn dot com). Or will a message to you at safarifriends-owner@yahoogroups.com, (safarifriends-owner at yahoo groups dot com), be sufficient?
Mel '96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

'
John Cooney

Post by John Cooney »

'Hey all,
I have been traveling and just saw some of this. One of my other groups moved to groups.io and is working out, can we download and archive the data? I have several websites that I will host the data on.
Clear skies, John
On Oct 24, 2019, at 12:36 PM, prieye@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Greetings....  so 20 years goes by in a flash and here we are at a crossroads as to which direction to head next.  Personally, I believe pretty much every topic of every coach has been extensively covered through the years both with documentation and photos. What could possibly be left to upload other than photos of personal projects that appeal to the poster, but not necessarily the majority of our membership ?With that in mind, let me know what you the members would prefer. be it we stay here and continue as is, without the ability to upload additional topics, or move it somewhere else. Post your opinions once please.Also, I'd be interested in turning the reins over to new blood. I've got a lot of irons in a lot of fires and I'm ready to downsize so to speak. If you are interested in bringing Safarifriends into the next decade, please send me a private message and we can make the necessary arraignments. Thank you.  RG.
'
btpete

Post by btpete »

'Hi John, you can find the new home for this group at https://safarifriends.org. Signup is easy, and we feel it is more user-friendly than Yahoo. Content from this site will end up there after the group shuts down.

Brian
'
Brian

1998 Safari Continental 40'
Cat 3126B 330 HP
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Boise, Idaho