Re: Safarifriends.org is live

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
btpete

Safarifriends.org is live

Post by btpete »

'
Greetings to all,

With the imminent demise of this Yahoo group, finding a new forum home for Safari motorhome owners and enthusiasts became urgent. Earlier in the week, a prototype forum site at https://safarifriends.org was brought online for review and comment as a potential new home for this group and its contents.

I'm excited to announce that RG has given his stamp of approval for the new forum. Effective immediately, the forum is available to all. And now, the fine print (and a call for volunteers).

While safarifriends.org is 100% operational, it has very little customization in place, and none of the preserved files and posts have been migrated into the new site yet. In addition, you will need to create a new user account, which is fast and painless.

The call for volunteers: If you have skills and interest, the barebones look and feel of the new forum could be improved; specifically, if you enjoy graphics design, or if you are comfortable working with PHP scripting, then we'd like to hear from you.

Similarly, expertise in database migration -- from SQLite to MySQL -- is sought for help in getting the preserved contents of the Yahoo group into the new forum such that it can be referenced by all.

Finally, there is a need for more moderators. RG has graciously agreed to continue moderating the new forum, but one or two additional people would help ensure continuity if RG has to step away for some reason.

Please pardon the construction dust as safarifriends.org begins its evolution. Some fellow named Murphy once said that if something can go wrong, it will. That will undoubtedly be true for the new site as well, but we'll try to keep the speed bumps to a minimum.

Hope to see you online.

Brian Pete
btpeteATyahooDOTcom
'
Brian

1998 Safari Continental 40'
Cat 3126B 330 HP
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Boise, Idaho
Lois Lopez

Post by Lois Lopez »

'Wonderful news!  Thanks so much to all of those that recognized the urgency of this issue and made this happen.
Again:  Darryl & I are happy to contribute toward costs for setting up, storage, etc.  And, we really like the concept of having all the reference materials in one place to peruse through to find the most appropriate help - rather than me downloading what would be only some of the excellent source materials that so many have graciously assisted us with.  Lastly, as I mentioned, we would never seek to  financially benefit from this excellent support - the fact that there are so many Safari experts with years experience is ALL the benefit we ask for!
Lois&DarrylRochester, WA’01 Serengeti
On Oct 27, 2019, at 10:27 AM, btpete@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Greetings to all,
With the imminent demise of this Yahoo group, finding a new forum home for Safari motorhome owners and enthusiasts became urgent. Earlier in the week, a prototype forum site at https://safarifriends.org was brought online for review and comment as a potential new home for this group and its contents.
I'm excited to announce that RG has given his stamp of approval for the new forum. Effective immediately, the forum is available to all. And now, the fine print (and a call for volunteers).
While safarifriends.org is 100% operational, it has very little customization in place, and none of the preserved files and posts have been migrated into the new site yet. In addition, you will need to create a new user account, which is fast and painless.
The call for volunteers: If you have skills and interest, the barebones look and feel of the new forum could be improved; specifically, if you enjoy graphics design, or if you are comfortable working with PHP scripting, then we'd like to hear from you.
Similarly, expertise in database migration -- from SQLite to MySQL -- is sought for help in getting the preserved contents of the Yahoo group into the new forum such that it can be referenced by all.
Finally, there is a need for more moderators. RG has graciously agreed to continue moderating the new forum, but one or two additional people would help ensure continuity if RG has to step away for some reason. 

Please pardon the construction dust as safarifriends.org begins its evolution. Some fellow named Murphy once said that if something can go wrong, it will. That will undoubtedly be true for the new site as well, but we'll try to keep the speed bumps to a minimum.
Hope to see you online.
Brian PetebtpeteATyahooDOTcom
'
Mark Cushman

Post by Mark Cushman »

'Thanks for everyone’s efforts to preserve this site!
Mark1999 Sahara 32’

Sent from my iPad
On Oct 28, 2019, at 10:24 AM, btpete@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
?  

Greetings to all,

With the imminent demise of this Yahoo group, finding a new forum home for Safari motorhome owners and enthusiasts became urgent. Earlier in the week, a prototype forum site at https://safarifriends.org was brought online for review and comment as a potential new home for this group and its contents.

While safarifriends.org is 100% operational, it has very little customization in place, and none of the preserved files and posts have been migrated into the new site yet. In addition, you will need to create a new user account, which is fast and painless.

Please pardon the construction dust as safarifriends.org begins its evolution. Some fellow named Murphy once said that if something can go wrong, it will. That will undoubtedly be true for the new site as well, but we'll try to keep the speed bumps to a minimum.

Hope to see you online.

Brian Pete
btpeteATyahooDOTcom

'
george king

Post by george king »

' I could not get the site to return my confirmation or authorization e-mail , so I can log in 
george king 
On Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 01:58:46 PM CDT, Mark Cushman chvet73@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Thanks for everyone’s efforts to preserve this site!
Mark1999 Sahara 32’

Sent from my iPad

?  

Greetings to all,

Hope to see you online.

Brian Pete
btpeteATyahooDOTcom

'
Jeff Travasos

Post by Jeff Travasos »

'Same here George.  Did not get confirmation.

Sent from my iPad
On Oct 31, 2019, at 9:38 AM, george king georgeking1845@... [Safarifriends] wrote:
?  
I could not get the site to return my confirmation or authorization e-mail , so I can log in 
george king  On Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 01:58:46 PM CDT, Mark Cushman chvet73@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

Thanks for everyone’s efforts to preserve this site!
Mark1999 Sahara 32’

Sent from my iPad

?  

Greetings to all,

Hope to see you online.

Brian Pete
btpeteATyahooDOTcom

'
wolfe102001

Post by wolfe102001 »

'Suggest you post any Safari-related questions on this site (replaces this Yahoo site):
https://safarifriends.org/index.php
Welcome to our NEW HOME!
'
Gerald Emert

Post by Gerald Emert »

' Where do we get login info?
From: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com on behalf of bawolfe10@... [Safarifriends]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 10:48
To: Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Safarifriends] Safarifriends.org is live

Suggest you post any Safari-related questions on this site (replaces this Yahoo site):
https://safarifriends.org/index.php
Welcome to our NEW HOME!

'
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'George King & Jeff TravasosI suggest you try to register/join again.(Neither of your names appear on the memberlist: https://safarifriends.org/memberlist.php?first_char=g#memberlist).Mel'96 Sahara

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Same here George.  Did not get confirmation.

On Oct 31, 2019, at 9:38 AM, george king georgeking1845@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

I could not get the site to return my confirmation or authorization e-mail , so I can log in 
george king 

'
mel96safari

Post by mel96safari »

'Click on  FAQ ... (in the upper left corner here): https://safarifriends.org/app.php/help/faq

---In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Where do we get login info?

'
dewey2501

Post by dewey2501 »

'Gerald,Go to safarifriends.org, then in the right hand corner below the dark blue banner is a register button - click on it and follow the directions (it's super easy)
Duane96 30' Sahara, 250hp Cat 3126Spokane WA
'