Re: Looking for info on the SMC Slide that has support arms that ext

Staging area for content imported from the old Yahoo group. This forum is LOCKED. Moderators may edit content and relocate to other forums as appropriate.
mshumack@bellsouth.net

Looking for info on the SMC Slide that has support arms that extend

Post by mshumack@bellsouth.net »

'Attachments :
  1. [url=file:///D:\---.safari-continental\Safari Friends PG Offline\\SMC Slide Design.jpg]SMC Slide Design.jpg[/url]
  1. [url=file:///D:\---.safari-continental\Safari Friends PG Offline\\Front Roadside Slide-out 1.JPG]Front Roadside Slide-out 1.JPG[/url]
  1. [url=file:///D:\---.safari-continental\Safari Friends PG Offline\\Beaver Patriot Thunder - Slides out.jpg]Beaver Patriot Thunder - Slides out.jpg[/url]
I have an SMC Magnum chassis with a Room Slide mechanism that has tracks or beams that extend through the frame rail on the left side. I have been looking for info on this Slide mechanism (a parts list, drawings,etc.).

The Slide Room is on the front left and the storage compartments below move in and out with the Slide Room. 

This Slide has a single hydraulic cylinder (by HWH, which makes all the other slide rooms) but the Slide mechanism is not made by HWH. Some say it may be a Power Gear mechanism, however I have found no drawings or info on the Power Gear website the resembles my setup. I found a brochure by Safari discussing this Slide - so I'm pretty sure it is their design.

Does anyone have this type of Slide. 
If so, what model coach do you have, and do you know what make/model the slide mechanism is?

'
wolfe102001

Post by wolfe102001 »

'Post this question HERE-- this group's new address with Yahoo closing down hosting this group::
https://safarifriends.org/viewforum.php?f=20'
Bill Edwards

Post by Bill Edwards »

' this slide is definitely an oddity. I know nothing about it  
Bill Edwards 1999 SMC PantherSingle slide
On Thursday, November 7, 2019, 12:47:58 PM MST, m_shumack@... [Safarifriends] wrote:

[Attachment(s) from m_shumack@... [Safarifriends] included below]

I have an SMC Magnum chassis with a Room Slide mechanism that has tracks or beams that extend through the frame rail on the left side. I have been looking for info on this Slide mechanism (a parts list, drawings,etc.).

The Slide Room is on the front left and the storage compartments below move in and out with the Slide Room. 

This Slide has a single hydraulic cylinder (by HWH, which makes all the other slide rooms) but the Slide mechanism is not made by HWH. Some say it may be a Power Gear mechanism, however I have found no drawings or info on the Power Gear website the resembles my setup. I found a brochure by Safari discussing this Slide - so I'm pretty sure it is their design.

Does anyone have this type of Slide. 
If so, what model coach do you have, and do you know what make/model the slide mechanism is?

'
mshumack@bellsouth.net

Post by mshumack@bellsouth.net »

'Thanks for the link - that new Site is much nicer and easier to find and follow posts. I like it!'