Anyone interested in a Fall 2023 get together?

A Safari get-together? Tell us here!
chuckster

Anyone interested in a Fall 2023 get together?

Post by chuckster »

Private message me if you are interested in a trip to a climate conducive to temperate weather in September- November period. Possibly a Gulf State or Southwest state. Trying to avoid hot and humid but also select a place with places of interest. Interested? I can lead the effort to select and book per group interest. My wife and I are in our early 60’s and friendly and like to tip some wine in the evenings. Non-judgmental as long as you agree with everything you say. (Just kidding!)
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
stuplich@ymail.com

Re Safarifriends has improved (was: Anyone interested in a Fall 2023 get together?)

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

chuckster wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:58 pm Private message me if you are interested in a trip to a climate conducive to temperate weather in September- November period. Possibly a Gulf State or Southwest state. Trying to avoid hot and humid but also select a place with places of interest. Interested? I can lead the effort to select and book per group interest. My wife and I are in our early 60’s and friendly and like to tip some wine in the evenings. Non-judgmental as long as you agree with everything you say. (Just kidding!)

Chuck
FYI when Safarifriends was controlled by the founder/owner, Mr G, a post such as yours could get you in trouble.
Only "Safari repair" topics where allowed ... "SOCIALIZING" was verboten.
Back in 2015 posting a simple "get together" suggestion/question got me in loads of trouble here on the original Safarifriends site.
However 3 other Safari coaches, (Eric, Jeff & Rod), did show up for MLK day weekend at Fountainebleau State Park, near New Orleans.

Happy to see the Safarifriends improvement.
Last edited by stuplich@ymail.com on Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
brstough2004@gmail.com

Re: Anyone interested in a Fall 2023 get together?

Post by brstough2004@gmail.com »

New owner of Safari Continental. I'm in the Southwest - - and hope to have my 1996 (1995 build date) motorhome "road-ready" by this summer. I'd love to get together with like-minded people!
2ontheroadplus1

Post by 2ontheroadplus1 »

It's hard to put a nail in it 6 months out, but we would be interested in a get together. It would be nice to meet you all!
Amtt1

Post by Amtt1 »

This is not a Safari Trek gathering but I am inviting those interested in joining us. I will be taking my newly acquired 2001 Safari Trek. I have organized a campout for the Annular Solar eclipse (Oct 14, 2023) on BLM land in Valley of the Gods in south east Utah. It is located between Bluff and Mexican Hat. The people that I have invited to camp with me are the Fiberglass Trailer camping group I belonged to when I owned a Scamp trailer and the Camping Singles of Colorado camping club I currently am a part of. Valley of the Gods is actually the north end of Monument Valley of Arizona and has beautiful sandstone features throughout. The eclipse is on Saturday and I plan on getting there on the Monday before, enjoying the valley the days before and leaving on the Monday after. The area where I plan to set up camp in is quite large and will accommodate a fairly large group. The drive off the main road is about 4.5 miles on a dirt road with some deep washes. I've taken my Scamp 19'er there many times, no problem, but have not taken a motor home back there. We have seen many motor homes back there while camping there. I will send a PM with GPS to anyone interested. NO hookups, it's total dispersed boondocking. There is cell service.
Attachments
DJI_0316.JPG
DJI_0316.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 33474 times
IMG_20200915_153418.jpg
IMG_20200915_153418.jpg (5.01 MiB) Viewed 33474 times
alnleslie27RB

Post by alnleslie27RB »

I believe we'd love to do that. Let us know if there is more information.

Al & Leslie
Al & Leslie Richards
2006 Safari TREK
Workhorse 8.1 / Allison 6 Speed
Amtt1

Post by Amtt1 »

This is desert country, October day time highs are typically in the high 60's and night time lows are usually in the high 30's. That doesn't mean it can't be warmer or colder than that so be prepared for most anything. It is also open range so cattle occasionally wander through, I have seen coyotes there. I'm not real sure but late one night while walking the dogs before bed I thought I saw a wolf run through camp.
BLM rules say no campfires here but we have noticed everybody seems ignore that rule. I will take along my propane fire pit just in case. I encourage anyone else that has one to bring it along.
I'm not sure how many will show up but we will have a good time regardless.
As I come across more information I will post it.
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

This looks like a nice remote place. I would be concerned getting the RV stuck going through washes. We are 36 foot PLUS a tow vehicle. Not sure if disconnecting the toad would be any great help though.
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
brstough2004@gmail.com

Post by brstough2004@gmail.com »

I'm interested!
keegan8

Post by keegan8 »

Hi, we're interested. Just got a 95 Sahara, 35'. As long we dont get stuck. We are going somewhere for the event, this sounds good. We have a telescope also
95 sahara, 5.9, Allison 6 sp, 35'