Added Renogy 200W solar “suitcase” system

Have you made changes to your coach? Improvements? Remodel? New technology? Tell the story and show some pictures here.
chuckster

Re: Added Renogy 200W solar “suitcase” system

Post by chuckster »

chuckster wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:19 am UPDATE: I went ahead and got the heavier 1/0 gauge cables that looked like what the inverter was using. Should be hooking everything back up this week in preparation for a short week long road trip.
Finished up the rewire with 1/0 AWG. Thanks for the help and comments. Big thanks to TDJohn!
EAF732FF-F819-45BB-A38C-376488CD3A5F.jpeg
EAF732FF-F819-45BB-A38C-376488CD3A5F.jpeg (3.1 MiB) Viewed 2201 times
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

Chuck,

The house battery bank looks good, but the chassis battery bank you left unchanged which is still unbalanced. You might have missed it when I posted it earlier, but the "C2" needs to be moved to "T4", meaning they heavy engine positive starting cable has to be moved to the battery positive closest to the frame rail. Leave the rest as is, as it is properly connected.
Also, if you look closely, there is a small wire with an eye connector that is just hanging between the chassis battery and the frame rail. I'm guessing that it belongs some where and likely slipped way and was not connected.

Enjoy your road trip! 8-)
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

TDJohn wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:30 pm Chuck,

The house battery bank looks good, but the chassis battery bank you left unchanged which is still unbalanced. You might have missed it when I posted it earlier, but the "C2" needs to be moved to "T4", meaning they heavy engine positive starting cable has to be moved to the battery positive closest to the frame rail. Leave the rest as is, as it is properly connected.
Also, if you look closely, there is a small wire with an eye connector that is just hanging between the chassis battery and the frame rail. I'm guessing that it belongs some where and likely slipped way and was not connected.

Enjoy your road trip! 8-)
Hi John,

Yeah, I ran out of time to balance the motor batteries before we left on our trip but I will take some time at the glampground to rearrange the cables.

As far as the two small wires dangling in the back with lugs on the end, I am not quite sure what they go to yet but they were like that when I bought the coach in August 2020. I will investigate as time permits. Nothing “doesn’t work” that I am aware of but I’ll hang my meter on them to see if I get some DC voltage in the event they are coming from the old solar panel on the rooftop.

Happy trails,
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad