Satellite TV in RV

Have you made changes to your coach? Improvements? Remodel? New technology? Tell the story and show some pictures here.
oldcobia

Satellite TV in RV

Post by oldcobia »

I'm looking to install Dish Tailgater in RV. Anybody have experience with these, pros or cons. Thanks
1995 Safari Sahara 35’ 5.9 Cummins MD3060
jplante4

Re: Satellite TV in RV

Post by jplante4 »

We've had DISH for a while. I got the Winegard Pathway X2 antenna because it has a bigger dish than the Tailgater. Make sure whichever antenna you get will receive both the eastern and western arcs. I got the Wally receiver.

I also ran a separate cable tap for the DISH receiver, not going through the coach's cable system. There are too many splitters etc. in the installed cable. Alternately you could run the coax directly from the antenna to the receiver through a window.

I found that whenever I moved to a new location I had to use the MyDish app on the phone to reauthorize the receiver. Other than that there were only a couple of places in our travels where we couldn't get reception. The antenna ends up on the roof half the time, but it's nice to have the option to move is out from under the trees.
Jerry & Jeanne Plante
1996 Sahara 3530
CAT 3126/Allison 6 spd
2013 Equinox toad/Blue Ox
oldcobia

Post by oldcobia »

Thanks for the info. Will have to check on eastern and western stuff.
1995 Safari Sahara 35’ 5.9 Cummins MD3060
jplante4

Post by jplante4 »

The satellites are in 2 orbits. I get a signal on the western arc almost everywhere we go. We needed to switch to the eastern arc in western North Dakota and western Kansas (go figger LOL). The only issue was that the local stations out of Denver broadcast on the western arc, so if you're on the eastern arc you can't get locals.
Jerry & Jeanne Plante
1996 Sahara 3530
CAT 3126/Allison 6 spd
2013 Equinox toad/Blue Ox