Chassis AC running new lines

Pretty much everything on the bottom side of the coach: Steering, wheels, tires, brakes, suspension
Robert K

Chassis AC running new lines

Post by Robert K »

Over the last 2 years I have changed everything in the system and still have a leak some where. We have blacklighted used sniffer and still not found a leak.
Has any one tried pulling new lines thru the frame or has any one run new lines some other way.
I doubt there is a leak in the line, but wonder if they spliced it for some reason.
Just something to think about
Bob
96 Serengeti 37'
3126 Cat
6 speed Allison
2011 jeep wrangler towd
TDJohn

Re: Chassis AC running new lines

Post by TDJohn »

Robert K wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:04 am Over the last 2 years I have changed everything in the system and still have a leak some where. We have blacklighted used sniffer and still not found a leak.
Has any one tried pulling new lines thru the frame or has any one run new lines some other way.
I doubt there is a leak in the line, but wonder if they spliced it for some reason.
Just something to think about
Fast leak or very slow leak?
Do you see any oil residue anywhere on the exterior of the system?
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
Robert K

Post by Robert K »

Slow leak . No have never seen oil.
We will probably run the lines temporary to see if it solves the problem and maybe make it permanent,if a good mounting sys is found.
I am thinking run it in 1"conduit for each line
Bob
96 Serengeti 37'
3126 Cat
6 speed Allison
2011 jeep wrangler towd
stuplich@ymail.com

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

Robert K wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:50 pm Slow leak . No have never seen oil.
We will probably run the lines temporary to see if it solves the problem and maybe make it permanent,if a good mounting sys is found.
I am thinking run it in 1"conduit for each line
Robert K
I have a new steel brake line run from front to back, under the basement floor frame, soon to be replaced with stainless steel, (hopefully in a chassis frame rail).

Luckily my A/C hoses and coolant hoses are still good at 150k+ miles.
Last edited by stuplich@ymail.com on Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
Trekker01

Post by Trekker01 »

Robert,
When was the A/C last serviced (charged), and had there been previous leakdowns of the freon noticed? Was a dye added at the last charge?
How often have you used the A/C since last charged? Possibly you leak is at the compressor and from the seals that have been drying out from non-use?
Gary
'98 Sahara 3006 300CAT
Member of SafariFriends since 2000
Robert K

Post by Robert K »

I have replaced the compressor, condenser and drier in the last 3yrs new hose and low side port from condenser .
We have used dye and a sniffer and have not found the leak. Thought we had it with a small leak on low side port but it still leaked down after the repair.
Will post if I get it fixed now that its warm enough to run it
Bob
96 Serengeti 37'
3126 Cat
6 speed Allison
2011 jeep wrangler towd