1995 Safari Sahara Sway Bar bushings?

Pretty much everything on the bottom side of the coach: Steering, wheels, tires, brakes, suspension
JoeyD

1995 Safari Sahara Sway Bar bushings?

Post by JoeyD »

Noticed a bit of a bump this last trip.
I need new bushings for the factory front/rear sway bars.
I've dug through the various threads, and not had any luck locating the size/density.
While I can find a variety of sizes that match the remnants of the pieces I have in place, I'm unable to accurately determine the polyurethane's durometer.
This is the Magnum BlueStreak chassis with leaf-springs(EliptiRide?).
Stay safe
--JoeyD
'95 Safari Sahara 3530
Cummins 5.9
Conifer, CO.
JoeyD

Re: 1995 Safari Sahara Sway Bar bushings?

Post by JoeyD »

I did find this site: https://www.suspension.com/universal-sw ... shings.asp
...and guidance on lube .vs. no-lube bushings.
Stay safe
--JoeyD
'95 Safari Sahara 3530
Cummins 5.9
Conifer, CO.
astrnmrtom

Post by astrnmrtom »

I've not seen any durometer specs for polyurethane suspension parts. Only thing I know is its firmer than factory rubber.

Here's a company that has parts and you might be able to contact them for the info. https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/ On another rig I took my old parts in and had them matched at a local auto parts store. One thing to note, is some of the brackets on the aftermarket parts are of thinner steel. If you can, you may want to reuse the original bracket if possible. I found polyurethane really improved the sway control.

I can't remember the brand I used, but it supposedly had some kink of lubricant imbedded in the inner surface so lubing wasn't needed. I just swapped out my end link bushings with polyurethane ones from Energy Suspension.
Tom and Pris Masterson, w/ Buddy the 18 year old Siamese cat.
1998 Serengeti 3706
300hp Cat 3126, Allison 3060
900 Watts of Solar
17cf, Fisher & Paykel residential Refrigerator
Dragging four telescopes around the US seeking dark skies.
Mingo_Motel

Post by Mingo_Motel »

I just replaced the front and rear sway bar bushings on my 1997 Serengeti 4050. Henderson's Line-Up (https://www.hendersonslineup.com/) worked with me to figure out and provide the parts.
Ron Benton
'97 Serengeti 4050
3126 Cat 300HP, Allison 3060
stuplich@ymail.com

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

JoeyD wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:31 pm Noticed a bit of a bump this last trip.
I need new bushings for the factory front/rear sway bars.
I've dug through the various threads, and not had any luck locating the size/density.
While I can find a variety of sizes that match the remnants of the pieces I have in place, I'm unable to accurately determine the polyurethane's durometer.
This is the Magnum BlueStreak chassis with leaf-springs(EliptiRide?).
Joey
With only the measured diameter of the anti-sway bars on my Sahara, Roadmaster, https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/rv_sway.php, (the tow bar company), shipped me BOTH new polyurethane bushings and new u-brackets to fit.
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
JoeyD

Post by JoeyD »

Tnx, Mel, greatly appreciated. I've measured f/r. Front is 1.5", rear is 1.75". Checked the rear, and both bar-end bushings are missing on the d-side.
I called PMW, they're out of SafaritMonaco parts, but the gentleman that answered was spot-on with the parts I needed...they've been out of stock for a long time.
Are the bars on tbe Safari OEM'd by RoadMaster? I also measured the bolt diameters as well as the mounting bracket hole spacing. One of the suspension sites I called said that they needed to know the bar manufacturer. I'd asked them to confirm bushing and bar-end component dimensions, but the response was "it's easier for us to match the components if we know who the sway bar manufacturer is". The saga continues.
Stay safe
--JoeyD
'95 Safari Sahara 3530
Cummins 5.9
Conifer, CO.
stuplich@ymail.com

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

JoeyD wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:24 pm Tnx, Mel, greatly appreciated. I've measured f/r. Front is 1.5", rear is 1.75". Checked the rear, and both bar-end bushings are missing on the d-side.
I called PMW, they're out of SafaritMonaco parts, but the gentleman that answered was spot-on with the parts I needed...they've been out of stock for a long time.
Are the bars on tbe Safari OEM'd by RoadMaster? I also measured the bolt diameters as well as the mounting bracket hole spacing. One of the suspension sites I called said that they needed to know the bar manufacturer. I'd asked them to confirm bushing and bar-end component dimensions, but the response was "it's easier for us to match the components if we know who the sway bar manufacturer is". The saga continues.
JoeyD
I don't know who manufactured the sway bars on our '95 and '96 Safaris.
However it was not Roadmaster because Roadmaster didn't get into the sway bar business until later, (2000?,2001?)
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
1Lotosrggp

Post by 1Lotosrggp »

Tom
97 Sahara 3550
3126 CAT 300hp