Help with VIN

Pretty much everything on the bottom side of the coach: Steering, wheels, tires, brakes, suspension
Dundiving

Help with VIN

Post by Dundiving »

Hi, my first post,...and a cry for help !...I have bought an Isuzu based Safari Trek1990 with the 4 cylinder TD engine (pre magic bed ) She had been left abandoned in a field for over 10 years (under a tree ) twigs from said tree had dropped down and penetrated the roof resulting in a very soggy and Fungi ridden carpet !....Now got her up and running ok, but i am having trouble obtaining brake pads/shoes etc because the VIN is not recognized by either Isuzu UK or Isuzu USA .
As far as i know, there are only 8 'Treks' in the UK, and I have the only Isuzu based model,..Can any other owners point me in the right direction for buying spares, or maybe sending me a copy of their 1990-1992 Isuzu VIN, that they know will be recognised.

It will be such a shame if i have to scrap such a lovely RV, just for the sake of an 'O' ring or brake pads !
91 Trek, Isuzu NPR Base 4 cyl TD, 4 Speed with O/D
TDJohn

Re: Help with VIN

Post by TDJohn »

Dundiving wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:39 am Hi, my first post,...and a cry for help !...I have bought an Isuzu based Safari Trek1990 with the 4 cylinder TD engine (pre magic bed ) She had been left abandoned in a field for over 10 years (under a tree ) twigs from said tree had dropped down and penetrated the roof resulting in a very soggy and Fungi ridden carpet !....Now got her up and running ok, but i am having trouble obtaining brake pads/shoes etc because the VIN is not recognized by either Isuzu UK or Isuzu USA .
As far as i know, there are only 8 'Treks' in the UK, and I have the only Isuzu based model,..Can any other owners point me in the right direction for buying spares, or maybe sending me a copy of their 1990-1992 Isuzu VIN, that they know will be recognised.

It will be such a shame if i have to scrap such a lovely RV, just for the sake of an 'O' ring or brake pads !
I know this is a late reply, but consider joining the Safari Trek Tracks forum https://www.trektraxs.com/
They have a wealth of information on there and very likely someone could help you out. Also, try to look if you can find the chassis serial number, somewhere on the frame, as that would likely link you to the exact Isuzu NPR chassis that was used.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.