Leveling Jack bleed off

Pretty much everything on the bottom side of the coach: Steering, wheels, tires, brakes, suspension
bowhunter3125

Leveling Jack bleed off

Post by bowhunter3125 »

I have the RVA J2 system, all 3 jacks tend to raise back up just a little overnight. Left seems to raise a little more then the other 2. Will this be the retract valves causing this? I can not seem to find a rebuild kit for the valves on the RVA site. Only see the valves themselves. Hope they dont need to be replaced. expensive
99' Safari Continental Panther 425
Cat C12
05wingrider

Re: Leveling Jack bleed off

Post by 05wingrider »

My rear jacks would settle sometimes, and several members here suggested that I might have a little bit of dirt in the valves causing it. I have a sloped driveway so have double 2x6 platforms that my rear duals are on, so I was able to extend my rear jacks to full extension to see if maybe that would dislodge any dirt in the valve bodies. If it didn't I was going to loosen them and see if that did the trick, but in my case just extending them all the way seems to have done it because they no longer bleed down. Before you go throwing parts at yours, I'd try loosening the valve bodies to see if there is anything in them causing the slight leakdown - it wouldn't take much to cause issues. Mine has been in my driveway now for about 2 months and there has been no noticeable change in my level status, so something worked in my favor.
Duane
96 Sahara 30', 250hp Cat 3126
Allison 6spd MD-3060
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk "Toad"
Spokane WA
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

I don't know what you mean by loosening the valve bodies? Are you talking about disassembly the valve body?

As for jacks settling and dirt being a possible culprit, many in the past have suggested to open the valves manually, there are T handles that you can flip out to release each jack, in case the solenoid fails. It has been known to help solve the settling issue to open those valves and dislodging any dirt. Maybe using the combined method mentioned above, of fully extending the jacks and then manually opening the valves for maximum flow, will help resolve your problem. The T handles are located right next to the hydraulic release solenoids.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
bowhunter3125

Post by bowhunter3125 »

well they really like putting stuff in hard to reach places. cant even get my hand up on top of the cylinder to even check the fluid.
Cat C12
TDJohn

Post by TDJohn »

If your fluid is low, usually dong will sound even when the jacks are fully up. I doubt that is your problem...
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
bowhunter3125

Post by bowhunter3125 »

Seems to only happen when I put alot of pressure on them. If I have the MH good and level and only use them as stabilizing, they hold. Now I gotta figure out why my front computer tools do t work. I ca hear the motor but the Jack's don't move
Cat C12