If you have a steering stabilizer, are you glad you put it on?

Pretty much everything on the bottom side of the coach: Steering, wheels, tires, brakes, suspension
markus53

Re: Bell crank housing & arms

Post by markus53 »

Checked them today. They seem totally tight. Appears to be no play in the steering. Thanks for advising me to check this.
One comment - holy smokes the anti-sway bar on the front end of this coach is huge.
----------------
Novice with 2005 Simba 30ft.
Workhorse 8.1L GM engine 35K miles
Milwaukie, OR
LeeTN

Re: If you have a steering stabilizer, are you glad you put it on?

Post by LeeTN »

I'm planning on getting a steering stabilizer and would like suggestions on exactly which one I should get. Thus far I like the Roadmaster Exact Center Steering Stabilizer. It's pricy ($600+), but if it works as well as advertised I'm fine with that... but determining what bracket kit I should get is a question. Or maybe something else works just as well. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Lee
1993 Continental 40'
Oshkosh Chassis -- Cummins 300 -- Allison 6sp
wolfe10

Re: If you have a steering stabilizer, are you glad you put it on?

Post by wolfe10 »

LeeTN wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:58 am I'm planning on getting a steering stabilizer and would like suggestions on exactly which one I should get. Thus far I like the Roadmaster Exact Center Steering Stabilizer. It's pricy ($600+), but if it works as well as advertised I'm fine with that... but determining what bracket kit I should get is a question. Or maybe something else works just as well. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Lee,

It is going to be VERY hard to get a reliable answer here, as very very few have the same Oskhosh chassis and suspension components are pretty chassis-specific.

We actually don't even know what suspension you have, as Oskhosh used several different ones during that time period.
Brett and Dianne Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'. Ex 1997 Safari Sahara. Ex 1993 Foretravel U240
Moderator, FMCA Forums 2009-2020
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011- 2020
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/ (FMCA chapter) 2002-