salesman switch

Pretty much everything on the bottom side of the coach: Steering, wheels, tires, brakes, suspension
rvtips

salesman switch

Post by rvtips »

We have a 2003 safari Sahara , does anyone know where the solenoid for the salesman switch is?
I have looked every wear and can not find it.
Phil
2003 Safari Sahara 3622
Cummins ISC 350 HP 6 speed Allison
Toad=2010 Honda CRV
astrnmrtom

Re: salesman switch

Post by astrnmrtom »

I couldn't find a wiring diagram for your coach, but did find the brochure, and even though it's 5 years newer than my Serengeti, it looks very similar, so I'll offer what I found. In my 98' several relays are in or near the engine compartment, and when I cycle my saleman switch with the bed up, I don't get any clicking. I also don't see any large relays other than the boost solenoid. The wiring diagram I have only shows a switch between the house batteries and the 12V power distribution panel. I have fairly large wires going to and from the saleman switch - about the size of a small battery cable and they head back toward the rear of the rig.

The front electrical bay should be chassis stuff, not house. In my rig, the house side fuse panel is a small panel near the 110v breaker panel in the bedroom, and is accessed in the overhead cabinet above the bed.

My saleman switch is a high amperage switch in the entry footwell. It looks like it could easily handle the full 12v load of the small fuse panel in the back without a relay. One clue that there is a relay, is the house disconnect being operated with a small rocker switch, with small wires. If your rig has the large switch, with thick battery cable like wires, it may not have a relay. If you have power problems on the house side, be aware there's large fuse between the batteries and the supply - in my 98' they are located under the bed. If you don't have power on the house side, I'd start there, verify power on both sides of the fuse, then check for power going in and out of the switch. One thing to note is the fuses not only can blow, but they can fail by not being careful when you tighten down the bolts. It can torque the fuse and fracture it internally.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Tom and Pris Masterson, w/ Buddy the 18 year old Siamese cat.
1998 Serengeti 3706
300hp Cat 3126, Allison 3060
900 Watts of Solar
17cf, Fisher & Paykel residential Refrigerator
Dragging four telescopes around the US seeking dark skies.
rvtips

Post by rvtips »

I pulled the switch and it has about 8 wires going to it,So I don't think there is a solenoid.
It is working right now.
When it rains it pours now the front slide-out won't go in or out.
I will start a new post about it.
2003 Safari Sahara 3622
Cummins ISC 350 HP 6 speed Allison
Toad=2010 Honda CRV
chuckster

Post by chuckster »

Ah, yes..."under the bed". That is where I learned there are some electronics for my '01 Zanzibar! Had a blown fuse under there where the refrigerator would not work, the vent fans would not work (and something else, don't remember). Drove me crazy hunting until another SF member said..."Hmmm. Seems like I have heard that symptom somewhere before". Sure enough, gets ahold of a friend who said "Oh, yeah. There is a fuse under the bed!" Sure enough! :lol:
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad