Lithium Battery Isolation Manager 225

Forum for both AC and DC electrical components. From engine alternator to dashboard, inverter to batteries, and everything electrical in-between.
Green Machine

Lithium Battery Isolation Manager 225

Post by Green Machine »

Has anyone installed the Lithium battery manager? If so could you help with the wiring layout. I am converting to 4 lithium batteries. Thanks
Mach182

Re: Lithium Battery Isolation Manager 225

Post by Mach182 »

I just bought one, along with a battery and solar panels/charge controller kit. I’m planning to install it the week after next. I’ll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, I found this video helpful. His installation is on a Beaver, but he provides great explanation. https://youtu.be/-3sHpgQK2R4?si=C-ObMK8IWB6Va4o8
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Thanks for the information. I have ordered the batteries and the Manager. I am trying to decode all the wires and what looks like fuses on the fire of my 1997 Safari.” It’s a spaghetti run”
IMG_4778.jpeg
Mach182

Post by Mach182 »

Thank you for sharing that, it may be helpful for me as well. It's nice that your current diode BIM is so close to the solenoid. Your setup is much closer to the AZ Expert video that I shared than that of my Safari Trek. My isolator is mounted above the engine, the coach batteries are under the stairs on the passenger side, the power switch and inverter are on the driver side under the galley, and I haven't tracked down yet the chassis battery. I'm assuming next to the engine. I'm installing 800w of solar as part of my battery upgrade, so I'm hoping to run the power along the same path as the original 25w panel that was on the roof. It's going to be a busy week.
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Good luck with the solar installation. Working with these older machines is a learning curb.