93 Ivory: Honda genny wont crank or start

Forum for both AC and DC electrical components. From engine alternator to dashboard, inverter to batteries, and everything electrical in-between.
canucklehead

93 Ivory: Honda genny wont crank or start

Post by canucklehead »

My 93 ivory edition has Honda Propane generator, i think EV6010. Hadnt been started for over a year, maybe 18 months. Opened propane at tank heard a good surge to genny. Then tried to start several times and it cranked but did not start. Now it wont crank at at all when i push start button at Genny, or in coach. I hear click.

There is a live 12V connection at side of genny and it tested12.5 V. The thinner 16g wire under rubber boot does not get any power. I assume when i push start button it should close circuit and send power to that spot to crank starter?

Can i jump 12v power directly to that spot to try and start?

Checked the 3 glass fuses by start switch and all good.

How long should it take to start after sitting over a year unused? It was working fine when last used.

Is the switch a potential dud and need replacing, or something else i can check for? The switch cover is in too tight to easily remove.

I assume when it cranks it sends signal to the inline flow valve to open for propane to flow? If i jump power directly to the starter will it allow flow valve to open?

Thanks for your wisdom!
TDJohn

Re: 93 Ivory: Honda genny wont crank or start

Post by TDJohn »

Sorry, not familiar with Honda Generators. Maybe do a google search for Honda EV6010 generator starting issues, and something will pop up on one of the other forums. Also, try doing a search on this forum for your generator model, maybe there is discussion from past years that is archived in the legacy files section.
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.
canucklehead

Post by canucklehead »

Thanks John, appreciate it. Thaf is exactly what i tried before creating thread. I really thot I'd hit paydirt but nothing came up..
1Lotosrggp

Post by 1Lotosrggp »

You can download the service manual at:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/16031 ... v6010.html
Tom
97 Sahara 3550
3126 CAT 300hp