Can anyone identify this

Forum for both AC and DC electrical components. From engine alternator to dashboard, inverter to batteries, and everything electrical in-between.
Moonwink

Re: Can anyone identify this

Post by Moonwink »

They're hard plastic tubes. I'll guarantee it. They will break if bent too sharply. Looking at your picture, you can see how they're sealed in the rubber (neoprene) fitting that's going into the vacuum tank. The adhered up in there in someway and can't be pulled out.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'15 Malibu 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System
curry

Post by curry »

It looks like they are attached with zip-ties. I finally got enough dirt cleaned off to find the part number. It is indeed the air reservoir. I ordered a new one. Thanks for the comment. They all help.
Moonwink

Post by Moonwink »

I'm going out on a limb and say replacing the vacuum reservoir isn't going to help with your electrical problems in any way. Now if your air conditioner and heater are giving you problems too, replacing could help but the tanks seldom go bad.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'15 Malibu 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System
curry

Post by curry »

My heating system has been working well, however my air conditioning which seems to have plenty of r-134, or whatever they call it now, hasn't. Found a new one for $31 so it seemed worthwhile to order it. I'm still searching for my electrical issues, and some days I think I always will be.
stuplich@ymail.com

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

curry wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:43 am I appreciate your information, but there are two wires coming out of the unit. They can be seen in the very first picture I posted. I've squeezed them and they don't seem to be tubes. The other one that enters the unit may be a vacuum line. I'll go under and check that again as I have to re-bolt the unit back in. I pulled it loose yesterday to get a better look. My heating-A/C unit seems to be blowing correctly.
I was confused so I posted here. There is very little available information on these RVs.
Curry
What you "think" are white wires are VACUUM TUBES.
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
curry

Post by curry »

I want to send a huge thank you to John from upper New York state. He spent a huge amount of time with me on the phone as we went through all of the issues I have had with my electrical issues. We systematically went through all of the electrical connections from the battery section to the electrical system in my RV. Kudos again. He finally determined that it was the main ground to the frame from the four batteries I have. He had me use a jumper cable to create another ground to the frame. That caused the system to work. So I replaced the large ground wire from the batteries to the frame and all is well. The new lead goes to a different part of the battery array to the frame of the RV.

The system is now working well. The batteries are running the RV and they are charging from the alternator. I can't try to charge them now from the land line as out electricity has been turned off due to wildfires, but I'm sure that they will work when power is restored. I didn't believe that there was an issue with that ground, but I was wrong.

I believe that I should present the final part of what happened with my posts in the hope that they will be of use to others. Those of you who insisted it could be the ground can unload on me now. I won't care because as far as as know the issue is fixed.

Once again thank you John. He is an invaluable resource on Safari issues.