no right turn signals

Forum for both AC and DC electrical components. From engine alternator to dashboard, inverter to batteries, and everything electrical in-between.
ChrisTrina

no right turn signals

Post by ChrisTrina »

I have a 99 Zanzibar and I have no right side turn signal front or rear and no signal to the right side with 4 way flashers on. when i turn the signal on there is no power coming off the column at the plug in but i do get left turn signal at the plug. Bulbs have been tested in other sockets and are good.
next to the drivers seat there is a what i would call Buss bar that has posts for left and right turn with 3 wires attached to each. should there be 12volts at that post? what else should we check? and is there videos anywhere or instructions for dismantling the steering column in case i need to replace the switch.
1Lotosrggp

Re: no right turn signals

Post by 1Lotosrggp »

Open your hood. You'll see a busbar with about a dozen wires in and out. Snug, don't overtighten, the screws down from one end to the other. That's what I did get get high beams to work. Other than that check for a bad ground.
Tom
97 Sahara 3550
3126 CAT 300hp
ProCycle

Re: no right turn signals

Post by ProCycle »

ChrisTrina wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:02 pm ...when i turn the signal on there is no power coming off the column at the plug in but i do get left turn signal at the plug. ...
Sounds like you have narrowed down the problem to something inside the signal switch or in the wire pigtail between the signal switch and the plug.
Jeff
1997 Ivory Edition 3740 Cat 3126 Allison