chassis battery

Forum for both AC and DC electrical components. From engine alternator to dashboard, inverter to batteries, and everything electrical in-between.
keysplayah

chassis battery

Post by keysplayah »

Hi everyone. I changed all of the batteries and I got everything to work but the starter. And the Alison indicator light will also not turn on. I am pretty sure I just didn't hook something up right but I cant figure it out for the life of me. Does anyone have a picture of their Continental 40' pusher battery compartment?
05wingrider

Re: chassis battery

Post by 05wingrider »

I'm hoping that before you removed the old batteries you marked the smaller wires somehow as to where they were attached and didn't simply rely on their colors - Safari wasn't the greatest in following the wiring color scheme when it comes to the batteries! On at least two of the smaller leads there are fuses (on my 96) - I'd start there with those fuses and ensure that they aren't blown from the battery exchange process as one of them does go to the ignition switch. There's also a fuse below the Allison shifter panel (kind of a pain to get to , but it's there). Hopefully someone will chime in that has a Continental and give you further guidance. Also, as a courtesy, please (at the minimum) sign your post so we know who we are talking to - it makes it a lot easier on all concerned.
Duane
96 Sahara 30', 250hp Cat 3126
Allison 6spd MD-3060
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk "Toad"
Spokane WA