2000 Zanzibar no start,

Forum for both AC and DC electrical components. From engine alternator to dashboard, inverter to batteries, and everything electrical in-between.
cgreenjr

2000 Zanzibar no start,

Post by cgreenjr »

2000 Zanzibar would barely turn over. Installed 2 new chassis batteries and now it won't turn over at all. Notice I have no power to air compressor, no oil pressure ( low oil psi light comes on ), no power to Genny, I vent notice my shift pad as no power. All accessories seem to be working as usual. Appreciate any idea as to where to start looking
deanshaw

Re: 2000 Zanzibar no start,

Post by deanshaw »

I had a similar problem on my 1999 Safari Sahara and it turned out to be a bad connection to ground from the Battery. Your problems sounds like a loss of voltage between the battery and starter. I would suggest that you clean all connections in the path.
TDJohn

Re: 2000 Zanzibar no start,

Post by TDJohn »

A couple of other things to look at, the ignition relay in the front drivers side electrical compartment could be failing and all the high amp ANL fuses in the back need to be checked. You could have blown one of those fuses when you were reconnecting the new batteries...
John
'95 Serengeti, Cummins C8.3-300
Allison 6spd.