Mobley,where do I aim the antenna?

Forum for both AC and DC electrical components. From engine alternator to dashboard, inverter to batteries, and everything electrical in-between.
rvtips

Mobley,where do I aim the antenna?

Post by rvtips »

I have my Mobley sim card in my Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router Model MR1100 and it is working very good.
But we are going to a camp ground with poor cell service,so I now have my Netgear 6000450 MIMO Antenna with 2 TS-9 Connectors.
How do I know where to aim the antenna? :?:
2003 Safari Sahara 3622
Cummins ISC 350 HP 6 speed Allison
Toad=2010 Honda CRV
ProCycle

Re: Mobley,where do I aim the antenna?

Post by ProCycle »

The display on our hotspot has signal strength bars. I just shift the MIMO antenna around until I get the most bars. Usually the antenna should be vertical not laying flat.
Jeff
1997 Ivory Edition 3740 Cat 3126 Allison
chuckster

Re: Mobley,where do I aim the antenna?

Post by chuckster »

There are some very good web sites specializing in motor home and trailer cellular/internet equipment and tips & tricks. My wife and I are doing a lot more workcations next year. We do a couple of 2-weekers now but will need to gear up for the boonies. There are test tools too to dial in the best signal and then plug the antenna into your equipment after you are pointed the best direction.

https://www.starlink.com - RV satellite internet from Elon Musk's SpaceX

Another thought is to connect to your hotspot with your device and run the www.speedtest.net internet speed test (there is an app too) pointing the antenna in several directions (or from different windows) until you get the best result.
Chuck & Mitzi
'01 Safari Zanzibar 3646 (side entry)
Cat 3126B / Allison MD3060
Magnum M-Series "Blue Max" chassis
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad