2008 Safari Trek 29

Forum for both AC and DC electrical components. From engine alternator to dashboard, inverter to batteries, and everything electrical in-between.
Jimjyoung

2008 Safari Trek 29

Post by Jimjyoung »

Hello, I am new to this site. I am looking at buying a 2008 Safari Trek 29. I have never had a magicbed that lowers for sleeping. If it fails to lower there is no other bed. Are these beds and motors reliable? Is there any idiosyncrasies that one should know?
What do you use to get in and out of Bed? Is it safe?
Thanks for any help you can share on these questions.
Moonwink

Re: 2008 Safari Trek 29

Post by Moonwink »

I bought a 2004 31 SBD Trek 9 years ago (time sure flies) with a magicbed. I haven't had any problems with it. However, all the magicbeds are not the same. They switched designs several times. Mine uses a 1" strap at each corner to lower the bed. Older Treks have a gear system. I'm not an authority on them so I can't say specifically which one the 2008 (the last year of production for the Trek) might have. Storing the bed up on the ceiling makes a lot of sense to me. It's like gaining an additional 5 ft of living space when you're not sleeping. It's a shame Safari had to sell out to Monaco back in around 2000. There was an attempt to bring them back in 2016 but after surveying Trek owners to find out what they wanted to see in a new model, their desires were cast aside and end result was a complete flop. It didn't sell to new buyers and previous Trek owners weren't interested in the layout of new model at all.

I'd strongly suggest you try posing your question on the Trek Tracks forum. https://www.trektraxs.com/ They're the biggest source of knowledge for information about Treks and nothing but Treks.

BTW, I wish I had the 29 RDB model with that full width rear bathroom. That's what I was looking for when my 2004 31 SBD became available in 2014 with just over 5xxx miles on it. I'm not sorry I bought it. It's a rare Trek on a Ford F53 chassis and has severed me well. I live near St Louis and there never was Trek dealer with 500 miles of here making hard to find with driving for a day or two to see them.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'15 Malibu 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System