Main door not closing

Skin, roof, windows, attachments, basement, etc.
JoeyD

Main door not closing

Post by JoeyD »

I’ve always closed the deadbolt when entering and exiting the coach. I looked closer, and found the two alignment pins(Nader Bolts?) had been removed. When installed into the door, they grind against the striker plate’s receiving slots. Plate can not be slid down further, and the latch assy can not be slid up further.
At first the door had sagged, but no amount of lifting the door is enough to get all the pins and deadbolt into proper alignment.
It’s as if the left door jamb went north, and the door itself went south.
Tnx
Stay safe
--JoeyD
'95 Safari Sahara 3530
Cummins 5.9
Conifer, CO.
stuplich@ymail.com

Re: Main door not closing

Post by stuplich@ymail.com »

JoeyD wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:56 am I’ve always closed the deadbolt when entering and exiting the coach. I looked closer, and found the two alignment pins(Nader Bolts?) had been removed. When installed into the door, they grind against the striker plate’s receiving slots. Plate can not be slid down further, and the latch assy can not be slid up further.
At first the door had sagged, but no amount of lifting the door is enough to get all the pins and deadbolt into proper alignment.
It’s as if the left door jamb went north, and the door itself went south.
Tnx
Joey
Is there a question there?
Mel
'96 Sahara 3530, mine since '01
250 hp 3126 Cat, MD3060 Allison
JoeyD

Re: Main door not closing

Post by JoeyD »

Hi Mel
Yes, sorry, what other mechanical issues should I consider prior to ripping-out my door frame?
After finding and investigating the “Nader bolts/guide pins” they’ve been hammering/grinding for a long time. When installed, they’re 0.125” out of position and make firm contact with the door latch striker. The deadbolt and its hole line-up fine. Attached is one of two pins. White residue is anerobic thread sealant.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.54 MiB) Viewed 2599 times
Stay safe
--JoeyD
'95 Safari Sahara 3530
Cummins 5.9
Conifer, CO.